idiots galore

I can't believe this bullshit is my life. 

        "Mom, what the hell? They're your clients," I protest loudly throwing my arms in the air.

        My mom places the back of her earring on, glowering at me through the reflection of the mirror. "Yeah, and because of these clients, I'm going to be able to put you through whatever college you desire My. Be a little more grateful would you?" she snaps, huffing as she applies some mascara. 

        And with that rebuke, I deflate. I know I'm being a bitch, an ungrateful one at that, but come on. Babysitting One Direction every once in a while? That was pushing me a little far. 

        She sighs and gently touches my shoulder with her hand. "Look, I know it's not exactly ideal for you to go through this again, but please, for my sake at least, work with me. It's only 6 months, and I swear on your life that you won't have to deal with this ever again unless you want to okay?" she pleads, going as far as to clasp her hands together. 

        My shoulders sink. She knew exactly where to hit me with her words to make me lose all of my fight. 

        "So basically, you want me to show them around a bit and take them places every couple weeks?" I clarify in a monotone voice, cringing when her face lights up at my compliance. 

        "Not exactly show them around. Befriend them and hang out with them so it's less lonely when they have to stay here," she corrects. "But it won't be that bad Maya. On the bright side, you're not going to school today."

        And with that, I condemn myself to a day of hell and accents. 

-

His constant staring was what was putting me off. 

        I avoid Harry's eyes, unsure of his sudden interest in catching mine, and fumble with my hands. "So, uh, anything in particular you guys want to do?" I say shrinking back into the couch as they all turn to look at me. 

        Liam exchanges glances with the rest of the boys and shrugs. He seems to have taken the most pity to my predicament. (I embarrassingly appreciate the pity if I'm being completely honest) "Could we just chill at home for now?" he asks instead, nodding along with Zayn. 

        (I try not to make any type of face at Liam using the word 'chill')

        I hold back a sigh of relief. As long as I wasn't spotted with these boys, I didn't give a shit what we did. "Yeah, sure, it doesn't matter," I say trying to act as if a weight hadn't been lifted off my chest. I don't think I do a very good job by the amused smirk on Louis' face. "There's a pool in the back, um, I'm pretty sure the fields in the back are dry so you can play soccer or golf or whatever."

        I want to wince at how rich my mom and I sound. All the lavish things her company provided us with were so unnecessary seeing as we never used any of it. 

        "There's some more stuff out there if you wanna check it out, but I'd avoid going out in the front yard, just in case you know," I pause and scratch the back of neck, "There's some stuff to do inside and I figured you'd guys would rather look for it than have me show you everything."

        "This is like a proper hotel," Zayn whistles glancing around the living room. 

        If you can't tell, I'm very embarrassed at how outrageous our house looked to normal people who probably lived in cute 2 story houses with a smaller backyard and less room everywhere. 

        I look at him curiously, a vague memory popping up in my head. "You like to draw right?" I say slowly an idea forming in my mind. 

        It would kill two birds with one stone if he agreed to it.