11.|| warmth I - patrick hockstetter/henry bowers

Summary: When Henry falls in love with his best friend's girlfriend, he goes out on a path of self-destruction. Will the pain take away the heartache, or will his feelings only grow? 

The warmth was unbearable, hot sweat glazing over his body like a second skin as he moved. 

"Guys, this is (Y/N)-" Patrick spoke, his hand signaling from the girl he had his arm around to the Bowers Gang. The girl smiled at Henry, a gesture that had his heart skipping a beat. "(Y/N) is my girlfriend."  Henry looked at his friend, a drop of shock in his eyes that Patrick once again had managed to get a girl so perfect.

Every time his fist came in contact with the punching bag, he could feel it through his whole body; The adrenaline and pain running through every part of his veins and every piece of his heart. 

The soft pitter-patter of rain played in the background like a song as Henry read the book you had given him. Opposite of him you were sitting, too concentrated on the book in your hands to notice the way Henry peeked away from the pages to look at you. He adored moments like these, just being alone with you hidden somewhere in your room reading a book. These moments were something like a break from reality for him. 

As he stopped for a second he looked at his hands. He had seen much and felt much, but this... Fingers numb and blood running all the way from his wounded knuckles to his wrist. What was he doing?

"Henry?" Your voice spoke from behind him.

He turns around, his bloodied hands hidden behind his back as he faces towards you. You looked so beautiful, standing there with glowing skin and gentle eyes.

"I knew that I could find you here." You smile before walking towards him. "Why weren't you with us at the quarry?" You grab the towel that laid on the hood of his fathers' old car and gently wipe away the sweat at his forehead. "You look like you could use a little bit of cold water." 

This closeness wasn't good, and the feeling he got from it made him feel like even worse of a friend. 

"Henry?" You say his name again, bringing him back to reality. 

"Yeah?"

Your lips curve into a smile at the lost look on his face. "I was saying to you that Patrick told me something earlier at the quarry." A quietness fell over the two of you, the only sound that Henry could hear being the rapid sound of his heart beating. "He told me that you like me."

Oh no. He thought that he had been okay at hiding his feelings, that all these afternoon's of totally destroying his body with boxing and running had been enough to distract him from the way he felt about you.

"And I just want to know if that's true." You say, your voice hushed.

Henry swallow, his hands clenching at his sides to distract him from his nerves. "Yeah... it is." 

"Hmm-" You let go of the towel and place your hands atop of shoulders. "Then I think you should make a move on me."

Henry's eyes go wide, the pupils of his eyes dilating as he's suddenly much more aware of your touch on his skin. "What?" 

"I know Patrick cheated on me." You inch closer, moving your lips close to his ear. "And I'm not going to waste any more time on him."