CHAPTER 3

"Okay so you know how I went out late last night?" Audrey asked me while she was stirring her spoon in her frozen yogurt that just looked like a cup of pink stomach medicine now that it had melted. "Yeah." I say waiting for her to tell me about her crazy night that I didn't get invited to. It's not that I wanted to go or she excluded me intentionally it's just I can't dress up in a hot pink skin tight dress and dance the night away with hundreds of people crowding me. I would be completely out of my comfort zone. For Audrey, on the other hand, the clubs downtown are like her second home. She never misses a party. "I started off dancing with Aaron. Until he told me that he was going to get a drink." She fished out the M&Ms in her melted yogurt trying not to look too disappointed. I knew what was coming. "Well, he started making out with some brunette..." There it was. I wouldn't expect anything less from a guy Audrey picked out. "So I took home a gorgeous blonde that you met earlier today." I shuttered at the memory. Now that I think back at it,he was pretty handsome. He had a chiseled chest and brown messy hair. Yeah, Audrey never picked up respectful or loyal boys but she could pick up some pretty hot ones I'll give her that. " He thinks i cant do any better than him but i just want to show him that i have other options. Ya know?" I nodded my head but i really wasn't paying attention to what she was saying.  Hearing her complain about her social life, reminds me that her's is everything mine isn't. I heard some giggling and directed my attention to the water fountain close to our table. Two little girls were playing together trying to get the other into the fountain. They looked to be about eight or nine. "Hey! Are you listening Cecily?" I looked back to Audrey who rolled her eyes. "I have to go. See you at home Cess." She was obviously mad at me. I can't help that her talking about the boys she hooks up with bores me. I hated when she was mad at me. Putting my head in my hands i groaned. I just remembered that Audrey and I rode in the same car that she just drove out of the mall parking lot. Great. I got up to throw away our frozen yogurt cups and returned to my seat. While I was getting my phone out of my purse, i saw a guy about my age come up to me. "Wow." He said, "That went well." he chuckled and rolled his eyes. "Do I know you?" I asked him. He looked at me as if he was offended. "No. But I was about to fix that before you rudly interupted me." He flashed a big smile that exposed his dazzling teeth. His blue eyes looked at me rather intently. "My name is Brandon. My friends call me raison bran. Like the cereal? But you, can call me anything you want." He winked and I furrowed my eyebrows. I smiled at me again and I was shocked at how straight forward this guy was. He stuck his hand out "And you are?" I shook my head shaking off the complete and utter confusion. Boys don't just come up to me. They aren't nice, sweet, and polite. Something was fishy. "My name is Cecily." He grinned at that. "Wow that is a beautiful name for a beautiful girl!" He winked again. I wasn't prepared for this. I don't know how to flirt or to get a guy's attention. It was getting to my head that he liked me. "Thank you." I said skeptically while shaking his hand.

"Can I ask you something?" He smiled at me. "I don't know it depends."

"On what?'

"I don't know I just said that." I laughed at him. "Quoting all the 90's  "material girls'" favorite movie ever huh?" He nodded. "I'm very glad you caught that Ms. Cecily." I smiled without recognizing.