EIGHT|birthday calls

The Vampire Diaries

S3:E1

☄. *. ⋆

Summer. Veronica Gilbert's favorite time of the year.

Or, it used to be.

Rather than spending her last summer in Mystic Falls, Veronica decided to start school in the summer instead of the fall. This way, she can graduate faster and get somewhat of a jumpstart.

While her mornings and afternoons were exhausted inside of a classroom, her nights were well spent. Most of the time she would go to the French quarter and hang out in a bar called Rousseau's. Veronica had made some friends with witches, but tried not to get too involved. They would tell her stories about the cruel vampires living there and Veronica would tell them about her close friend Bonnie Bennett and all the chaos her group of friends have been in.

However, today was the day Veronica had been looking forward to since she left for New Orleans. She was going home to Mystic Falls for Elena's birthday. She ordered Alaric and Jeremy to make sure Elena thought the older girl was stuck at school and could not make it home. Thankfully, this time Veronica was able to fly home, instead of driving.

"Bonnie, let me call you back." Jeremy smiled, then hung up the phone. The boy set a tray down and walked over to his older sister.

"Look at you being all grown up!" Veronica laughed, bringing her younger brother in for a hug.

"I missed you, Roni." Jeremy spoke, pulling away from the hug once Matt came over.

"Roni! I didn't know you were coming back." Matt smiled, then gave the girl a quick hug before turning his attention to Jeremy, "I need you to switch sections with me."

"Why?" Jeremy asks.

"Caroline and Tyler sat in mine."

"So?"

"So? I don't feel like waiting on my ex-girlfriend." Matt replied, then walked off.

"Do you want anything to eat? I'm sure I can make something quick."

The brunette quickly shook her head, "No, I'm actually going to go by the house. Elena is at the Salvatore's so I'm all good."

Jeremy turned to walk away, but turned back around and asked, "Wait, how did you know?"

"You're acting like I still don't keep my tabs on all of you." Veronica winked, then turned on her heel and walked out of the Mystic Grill.

☄. *. ⋆

Veronica turned the handle that is connected to the front door and walked in; a small smile forming. Although she hadn't been gone that long, the girl had missed living here.

After unpacking a bit, Veronica began to get ready for the party. Pulling a black, off the shoulder shirt over her head and hiking jean shorts with painted planets and stars up her legs, she quickly did her makeup and curled her hair.

After checking the time on her phone, Veronica decided it was time to head over to the Salvatore house. When a few weeks went by with no more texts updating on potential Stefan whereabouts, Veronica gave up on asking. She knew Stefan was smart, and hoped wherever he was, he was okay.

Veronica pulled up in front of the house, trying not to hit any cars or wandering drunk teenagers. She got out of her car and made her way over to the front of the house, where she spotted Alaric, Damon, and Elena.