04 // Friends

"Amelia Rose Whillock! Get inside, right now!"

I turned around, goosebumps covered my body. My mother was stood by the front door, her cheeks red with anger. And probably also embarrassment because her daughter had disobeyed and went outside to talk to someone as irrelevant as Liam Payne. I did as my mother told me to do. I went inside.

I felt like looking back at Liam, see if his facial expression could tell me what he was thinking of me now. But I never did look back at him, I was too ashamed. I jumped when my mother slammed the door shut, and even though I wasn't looking at her, I could feel her getting red with anger behind me.

''Are you out of your mind, Amelia? What were you thinking?''

There was so many answers, so many truths I could have told her. ''I want to talk to someone besides father or you. And I don't mean the maids, who you need to pay for them to be nice to me. I need someone my own age, someone who'll understand. I just want a friend. I just want to know what it's like to have a friend.''

But I don't say any of those things, because I know neither one of my parents will ever accept those kind of words. So I just simply answer with, ''I don't know, I made a mistake. I'm truly sorry.''

''Are you? Are you really?'' My mother spoke, harshly.

''Of course I am! Why would I lie to you?'' I asked, making my mom spit out a short, harsh laugh. She crossed her arms, tapping her foot on the floor with annoyance before replying to me.

''Don't even start with that, Amelia. We both know you haven't been truthful a lot of the time.''

''That's not true.'' I said, but my voice sounded unnatural. Maybe that's how she knew that I lied so many times, I'm not very good at it. ''Can I just go to my room now, please?'' I asked, wanting to get away from her. ''Your father will find out about this. It will be either you, or me, who tells him. Your choice.''

''Mother, please. He will get so angry at me. Aren't I allowed to make mistakes?''

''Of course you are, child. But if you don't learn from them, you'll keep making them. And that won't get you very far in life. Now, what will it be?''

I sighed, knowing it'll be better if I tell him. ''I'll go talk to father.''

''Good, he's in his office.'' I wasn't planning on going right now. But my mother kept standing where she was, staring at me with a look that didn't make me think of anything else than torture and an evil laugh. It wasn't until I was up the stairs, that I heard her beginning to walk away. I could make the decision of just going to my room, and not speak to my father this very second. But I know my mother will check if I did, and if either of them found out I didn't do as I was told. Well...

So I knocked on my fathers door, hoping he was in a good mood this day. I hadn't seen much of him this day, so I wouldn't know. With my father you never really know what mood he is in until you have a proper conversation with him, which is not what I liked doing at all.

''Father?'' I softly asked, opening the door the slightest bit and looking around the corner. My father was on the phone with someone, completely ignoring my presence. I walked into the room quietly, sitting down in the chair across from him. I pulled my legs up to my chest and patiently waiting for him to finish his conversation. I zoned out, not wanting him to get angry at my for eavesdropping. But I couldn't help but focus on his words when the name 'Payne' was said.

''No I don't care that she's dying, Andrew.''  He spat into the phone, making me flinch. He sighed, shaking his head. Before ending the conversation with a short 'Fine'. ''Amelia, honey. What are you doing here? You know I'm working.''

''I know. I'm sorry, father. But I need to confess something.'' I spoke, releasing my legs and sitting up straight. ''What is it?'' He asked, slighty annoyed. ''I went outside today...'' I spoke, softly. ''And?'' Father replied, obviously thinking I meant the garden. ''I went out front.''

His expression changed, from confusion to something I've never seen before. I haven't obeyed his orders much, because I have seen him get angry at people before. And not going out front was the number one rule. I didn't know what to expect, but it couldn't be good.

''Why?'' He asked, simply. I frowned, expecting much angrier words. I thought of my answer. Liam Payne.  That's when I decided I couldn't tell father the truth. Liam needed my father to give him a job. His mother was dying, his little brother would grow up without a normal-ish childhood of Liam couldn't take care of them. I couldn't take that away from them because I made a mistake. So I did the only thing I could think of, lie. And we both know how bad I am at that. But it was the only option I had.

''I was stubborn, like a teenager is. I wanted to see the world. I now understand how stupid it was of me to have such thoughts. I'm truly sorry, father.''

He just stared at me, his face showed no emotion. I didn't know if he believed my lie. Even though it wasn't really a lie. I was stubborn. And I did want to see the world. I just left part of my reasons to go outside out of the story. The part where I had a crush on a boy that my father would rather murder than allow to look at me.

''Go to your room, stay there until I tell you differently.''

''Yes, father.'' I replied, standing up and leaving his office. I knew this wasn't over, there was definitely a punishment to come. He was probably just too busy to deal with me now.

I went up to my room, and opened my curtains. There was my father, walking towards Liam. 

  ️<3<3<3

Had this chap ready for such a long time, don't know why I never updated. Oops! Don't mind the spelling mistakes, hope you enjoyed. Kisses<3