Chapter 12 -Book 1-

= February 17, 2593. Chicago battle ground= 

      "They're coming! Everyone get ready!" 

Low humming of helicopters filled the air. Soldiers stood in a line stretching across the barren road. It had been a year since the attacks began.  

     "Team two and three, clear out all the buildings! Make sure there are no civilians!" 

 The once populated city was now a rubble filled battle field. No one was safe. The world was beginning a war that would mark doom for generations to come.  

  Once the teams cleared out all the buildings, the helicopters were already in sight. Firearms in the ready position, the soldiers aimed, then fired. Each helicopter in the sky came spiraling down one by one. It was like a storm of fire and metal. The soldiers then ran over to the crashes to make sure there were no survivors. Because if there was, it meant death to one of their own. 

  This war wasn't like all the others. There wasn't countries that stayed to themselves. If they wanted to survive, they had to pick a side a fight. No where was truly safe. Civilians were cramped into safe houses. Children and woman pulled from their homes, and shoved into the closest safe house. Men forced to fight, because everyday more soldiers perished. 

  Jobs outside of soldiers, factories, and care takers within clinics and safe houses were lost. The justice system crumbled and the chaos was similar to a free for all. 

  When the all clear signal was given, the soldiers moved on in their patrol. A mighty force of men they were. But would it be enough to keep the U.S free from the invaders. 

=May 3, 2593= 

   It's been a few months and the fighting has died down. There are over 10,000 injured in the U.S, 30,000 missing and over 50,000 confirmed dead. The numbers in other countries are even worse. The whole country of Sweden was wiped out. Along with many other small countries.  

  Prisoners of war were tortured and treated poorly. Many committed suicide within the first week of their containment. 

  The biggest news however is a new discovery of potentially the most harmful disease. Sightings of purple fingertips and pale skin in China began this investigation. To get more information, one would have to visit the labs there. Which is difficult without a very good connection. 

=May 28 2593 Beijing, China= 

  It seems China is in worse condition than the U.S. Over half of their population are dead or dying. The labs have been focusing of the new disease. 

 It had been named MRSK-1. The patients start by getting a terrible cough, and their fingertips beginning to change to the purple color. The second stage which happens in about a  week or two, is the paling of the skin and hair drying out to a straw like state. By stage two the patients were coughing blood and so weak they could no longer move. At stage three the fingertips are a deep purple and the patient has no appetite, resulting in a sudden thinning. The patient's face gains a sickly greenish tint. And days later they pass away. 

  It turns out the MRSK-1 outbreak originated in Russia. It spread from the soldiers held prisoner. No one knows where those men contracted it from. And no one knows how to cure it.  

  The allies of China are researching MRSK-1 day and night. The patients all willingly agree to be test subjects in hopes to cure this mysterious disease. 

=August 23, 2593 Moscow, Russia=

  A once busy city, now mountains of rubble. No buildings stood for as far as the eyes could see. There were cleared areas where tents and make shift homes were built.