5: The Duelling Club

We had our first Quidditch match against Slytherin soon after. Slytherin now had Draco Malfoy as a Seeker and his dad had bought the whole team Nimbus 2001s, much to our dismay. They also frequently stole our practices to 'train their new Seeker'.

The match began and it didn't look promising. I scored the first goal of the match, but, before anyone could even celebrate, a bludger went straight for my skull. I spun out of the way and glared at the culprit, but he just grinned. If that had hit me, it could have caused serious damage.

I retrieved the Quaffle again and headed straight for the hoops, but a Slytherin Chaser crashed into the side of me. I grunted in pain and dropped the Quaffle, a resounding groan echoing across the field. I caught my breath again and went to retrieve the Quaffle.

No sooner had I got it than I ended up doubled over in pain and plummeting towards the ground. I tried to pull up but I was struggling to even catch my breath. A bludger had been hit right into my stomach and the Slytherin Beaters were ridiculously powerful with their hits.

I knew my teammates were suffering similar treatment so couldn't help me and I heard gasps as the ground appeared to get closer and closer. I scrunched my eyes shut, bracing for impact. This wasn't good, I didn't want to be hospitalised the rest of the week.

I yelled in pain as I hit the ground. Every inch of my body ached but the worst part was my arm. I had foolishly tried to brace myself with it, and it had been snapped clean in half. I fought the urge to scream at the unsightly injury, it would be fine. Madam Pomfrey would heal it!

I heard groans as Slytherin's points started going up. I felt like I was going to be sick with the pain, but I had to deal with it until the match was over. Attention on me had quickly shifted to Harry as he flew erratically. I squinted before my eyes widened. He was being chased by a rogue bludger!

Screams filled the stadium as he narrowly avoided being hit multiple times. I watched wide eyed, momentarily forgetting my injuries, as Harry still tried to catch the Snitch. He stood on the end of his broom, arm outstretched, as the bludger got closer and closer. His hand closed around the Snitch before he was violently smacked off of his broom, landing in a similar style to me. His arm also seemed broken, and everyone realised the match was over.

Teachers and pupils surrounded the both of us as they congratulated Harry for winning us the match. Lockhart took Harry's arm and proclaimed it was a break and he knew how to fix it. I suddenly was extremely grateful about Harry being Lockhart's golden child as his arm grew limp with Lockhart's spell. He had fixed the break, but by removing the bones.

Everyone turned to me to see my injuries as Harry was led away but Snape quickly stepped in before Lockhart could do any damage.

'I would say it is more beneficial for Miss Black to head to the Hospital Wing, professor,' he said snidely and I silently thanked him, 'I imagine she would rather keep her bones.'

Nico helped me up and everyone grimaced at the sight of my arm. It was pretty horrifying if I was honest. Lockhart seemed unimpressed by Snape's comment, so Nico and I hurried along before he decided that he wanted to help me.

I lay in the Hospital Wing that night along with Harry. Harry needed his bones regrown and, while she had healed all of my injuries in a flash, Madam Pomfrey wanted to keep me in for observation.

I didn't get to sleep that night but instead lay silent. I thought about the things happening at school this year, wondering what was behind it all. Maybe me and my friends would solve the mystery again this year!

'Dobby!' I heard Harry's surprised voice say. I pretended to be asleep, listening intently.

'Harry Potter came back to school. Dobby warned him. Harry Potter should have listened to Dobby. Harry Potter should have gone back home when he missed the train,' it was a house elf. I frowned.