Chapter 7

***Tyler's POV***
I clean up the kitchen and put the dishes away. I put the leftovers away and make my way up the stairs. I make my way to my door and see it's open. I lean against my doorway and see her sitting on my couch.
"Hey." I say softly.
She looks up and smiles shyly.
"Hi." She answers softly.
"You like it?" I ask.
I make my way over to my bed and sit down.
"Yeah. It's amazing. I'm genuinely impressed with how spacious it actually is." She answers.
I laugh and smile at her.
"I worked pretty hard to get to this point honestly." I answer quietly.
She looks up at me and I see the surprise in her eyes.
"Really?" She asks.
"Yeah. It took me 2 years of busting my ass all weekend. My work schedule started on Friday, while all the other kids were in school, and it ended at 4 on Sundays. I hardly slept, just to get money saved up. I still work at the same place too. Actually now, I'm assistant manager there. I got pretty close to my boss and she pays me more than what my actual salary is. She understands my situation, which helps." I admit quietly.
I look at her shocked as I realize what I just admitted. She smiles reassuringly and carefully makes her way over to me. She gently takes my hand in hers and I look at her.
"I'm not going to judge you. I'm not interested in leaving you. I know what it's like to struggle to be able to support yourself." She says quietly.
I look at her surprisedly.
"How old are you?" I ask softly.
She bites her lip nervously.
"How old do you think I am?" She asks.
I look at her and take in her appearance.
"Honestly?" I ask.
"Yes." She answers.
"I'd say about 19." I answer.
She blushes and her hair falls in front of her face.
"Actually, I'm only 21." She whispers.
I look at her shocked. I gently push her hair back and she looks up at me.
"Wow. You know I never would've guessed." I answer.
"Really?" She asks.
"Yeah." I answer.
She looks at me nervously.
"Does that bother you?" She whispers.
I wrap my arms around her and scoop her up. I gently place her on my legs and hold her tight.
"No it doesn't bother me at all." I answer honestly.
She leans her head on my shoulder and I hear her sigh.
"That's actually kinda a relief." She whispers.
I laugh softly.
"Does it bother you that I'm one of your students?" I ask suddenly.
She pulls back and looks at me. She bites her lip and I get uncomfortable. I look down at my bed spread and wait for her response. I feel her hand on my chin and look up at her.
"No Tyler it doesn't. I know it should. I know this is wrong. But I don't care about that." She answers softly.
I blush and lay back on my bed, with her curling up into my side. I play with her hair softly and stay quiet for a moment.
"Am I the only one that catches your eye?" I ask suddenly.
"Yeah." She whispers.
I smile and look at her.
"I'm gonna go get changed for bed. Be right back." I say.
I get up and go to my closet. I shut the door behind me and change into my sweat pants and tshirt. I pause to take a deep breath and look in my mirror. I sigh in relief when I see I don't look too bad. I go lay down on the couch and see she's sitting up on the bed.
"Why are you laying over there?" She asks.
I bite my lip nervously.
"I don't want to make you uncomfortable" I answer quietly.
She smiles shyly and pats the bed next to her.
"Come lay next to me. You don't have to stay after I fall asleep." She whispers.
I look at her and see the conflict in her eyes.
"You don't sleep well alone." I say gently.
"How'd you know?" She asks.
I sit next to her on the bed and look at her.
"Because I'm the same way. I could lay here all damn night but it doesn't mean I'd sleep." I answer honestly.
She looks at me and moves closer.
"You can stay in the bed with me all night if you feel comfortable enough to do so." She says softly.
We lay back on the bed and she cuddles into my side. I wrap my arm around her waist and feel safe with her head on my chest. It's wierd. I don't usually allow people to sleep over. But she's different. A good different though.
"You're the first that I've allowed to stay over." I whisper.
"Really?" She asks.
"Yeah." I answer.
She looks at me and I can see it makes her feel special.
"Good night Tyler." She whispers.
I hold her closer to me and kiss her head.
"Good night Ms. Lykins." I answer softly.