11 - School Project Coming

Aside from the cold war going on with the band and my awesome boyfriend on my side, nothing much happened for the past few days. I've done my part on the band, I sang and played the bass for the album, I've made time for meetings and all that I should for the band, but outside of work, I haven't spoken to one of them. Even Deomie. I didn't hang out with them anymore. I really don't know what happened and why was this happening. Oh wait, I knew it and I can't accept that they were true. But I don't accept that fact that they were ruining Derik. That's not the Derik I know.

This week, out teacher from homeroom told us that we would have a term project. By term he meant a month of it.

"This would be graded according to the outcome of it and your midterm exams." Mrs. Gordav said proudly. Almost everyone groaned. "I can hear the excitement on you guys." She mocked us. "This would be a group project and the 3rd graders are involved.

"What kind of project will this be ma'am?" a girl asked.

"Family" Mrs. Gordav responded.

There were ohh's and aaahhh's all around and some groans from the boys.

"That's more like it. So you ready?"

"Now for partners. I wrote the girl's name in a piece of paper. Fortunately, the number of girls are equal to the number of boys here so I didn't waste time writing names of the boys on the piece of paper. Boys will pick a paper in this red box. And the partners will each pick a piece of paper that will determine the work you will have in your project. So let's start this."

Mrs. Gordav called the boys one by one alphabetically. Jeremy the actor was called up and he was paired with Kate the college professor. Santana the store owner got to pair up with Peter the manufacturer. Jan the police officer is paired up with Rizza the store manager. There was 6 of us left in the classroom without partners, then Mrs. Gordav called Amiel up. I was hoping that I wouldn't end up pairing with him. Yeah I missed him but I don't want to talk to him right now. I was silently praying when I heard my name.

"Sabrina Antoinette Nicole Bjorne" Amiel called. I curse under my breath. He picked his paper on the yellow box. "Mechanical Engineer." Then he sat down without waiting for me to go on the front. I looked at him and went towards the teacher's table. I picked a paper. I unrolled it.

"Structural engineer" I looked at Mrs. Gordav and smiled at her. I always wanted to be a structural engineer.

When we were all paired up, Mrs. Gordav requested us to sit beside our partner. I didn't stood up and I felt Amiel sat down beside me.

"By the end of the month there will be a reunion of this class and you will be having a presentation of how well you've done on your life. From that I will base your grades. Everything will be presented, your works, your family status, your everything. Any questions?"

Everybody left the room for the next class. I came to Mrs. Gordav. I was planning to switch partners. Anyone will do, anyone except Amiel.

"Uh, Mrs. Gordav"

"No." she said with a smile.

"You didn't even know what I'm gonna say" I whined.

"I know child. From what Mr. Taylor there acted out earlier. And my answer is no. Go figure it out by yourselves. And besides. It's not like I paired you up or he picked you on purpose. Now go Ms. Bjorne, you're gonna be late for your next class."

"Uh, okay Mrs. Gordav. Thanks"

I walked to my next class. How can the universe do this to me? How can I make this project work? This can be a piece of cake but I have this problem. My partner and I is in a cold war.