6. Protection and Warmth

---***---

Mr. Right? Jun Min just blankly stared at the other man. The man slightly smiled.

"My name is Dong Fang." The man extended his hand for a handshake which Jun Min accepted.

Wow! Not only does he have the same appearance as the villain. They also have the same name. Jun Min thought.

"I'm Jun Min."

"I know." The man winked at him.

Jun Min had a puzzled expression on his face but before he could ask how the other had known his name, the man pointed at his name tag.

I forgot to take this off. Jun Min tried to pull his hand away from Dong Fang's hold but he couldn't. Dong Fang's hand not only brought a familiar feeling to his heart but also the warmth that slowly melted the coldness he felt from being alone.

"Seems like the rain has no signs of stopping. I should send you home before it gets dark." Dong Fang stood up and while still holding Jun Min's hand, helped him to stand up.

Although a part of him wanted to say 'no', somewhere in Jun Min's heart was telling him that he should 'go with him'. While deciding what to answer, Jun Min felt that the hold of Dong Fang to his hand was slowly loosening. In fear that Dong Fang might let go and would ignore him, Jun Min said, "Fine, you can send me home." He pulled his hand away from Dong Fang before the other man could let go first and slightly smiled at him.

"Okay." Dong Fang was about to take a step towards his car when he noticed that Jun Min was about to follow him.

"Just stay here." Dong Fang said and ran through the heavy downpour. He went to his car leaving Jun Min alone in the waiting shed.

Jun Min just looked at Dong Fang as he opened the door of his car and then closing it. Oh... I guess, he was just bluffing when he told me that he would send me home. He felt a sudden pang in his chest and was about to sit on the concrete bench ready to watch as Dong Fang would start the engine of his car and drove away from the place, away from him.

However, just as he was about to take a seat on the bench, the door of the car opened and Jun Min's face brightened. When he saw Dong Fang went out holding a black umbrella and walked towards the waiting shed.

He has an umbrella but he didn't use it ah. Maybe he is going to lend it to me? Jun Min decided to stand up and walked towards the corner of the waiting shed.

"Thank you for lending me your umbrella. Have a safe trip home." Jun Min extended his hand ready to take the umbrella but he was caught off guard when instead of receiving the umbrella, Dong Fang held Jun Min's hand.

"Who said I'm going to lend this to you? I will use this to protect you from the rain. Let's go."

Jun Min just nodded his head while letting himself being pulled by Dong Fang. As they walked towards the car, he felt a bit of happiness stirring inside him. When they arrived near the car, Dong Fang had no choice but to ask for Jun Min to hold the umbrella while he opened the car.

He could just let go of my hand as well ah. Jun Min thought.

But before Dong Fang could open his car, Jun Min remembered something and spoke, "We can just walk from here. It would just take about two minutes." and besides there would be no parking areas near the building where I'm staying. It would be difficult to park your car, Mr. Villain.

"I don't know you have a romantic side. Walking in the rain while holding hands. Sounds good. " Dong Fang teased him.

Jun Min felt his face heat up. He could feel his heart beat faster. He was thankful for the weather as it was raining and Dong Fang's attention was not completely on him. Jun Min could hide his embarrassment like how the sun hid whenever it rained.

"Okay. Let's go! I don't mind walking." Dong Fang said. He moved closer and whispered to Jun Min's ear.  "It's more romantic this way."

Jun Min was taken aback and was about to move farther and went outside the protection of the umbrella but Dong Fang quickly let go of his hand and grabbed Jun Min's waist pulling him closer to him.

"Be careful, you might fall but don't worry I'm willing to catch you." Dong Fang said.

Jun Min stared at Dong Fang's eyes and suddenly remembered the times he spent with the villain in the novel.

"Don't stare too much, I might melt." Dong Fang said pulling Jun Min from his thoughts.

Jun Min slightly pushed Dong Fang away freeing himself against Dong Fang's hold. "Okay. Let's go."

They started walking and Jun Min noticed that Dong Fang held his hand again and squeezed it.

"I'm not a child ah, I know the way to my house." Jun Min pulled his hand from Dong Fang's hold but he couldn't.

"I just have this feeling that I don't want to lose you."

Jun Min didn't respond and took a deep breath to calm himself.

They walked through the heavy downpour. They ignored the rain, they ignored the water puddles and they ignored the world around them like they were the only people in the world.

When they arrived at their destination, Jun Min looked at Dong Fang and said, "Well, we are here. Thank you for your help." Jun Min was about to walk away when Dong Fang called him.

"Jun Min, aren't you gonna invite me for coffee or tea?"

(...to be continued.)

---***---

...reviews are welcome! ^^

Author's notes:

Wow! Not only does he have the same appearance as the villain. They also have the same name. Jun Min thought.

Dong Fang: We also have the same heart.

---***---

Merry Christmas! 💕
Wishing you all the best.  😘

Thank you for supporting my story and adding it to your library. I really appreciate all your votes and comments. Thank you for following me. 😘

Next update: Next year 😉

Spoiler for the next chapter.

"What do you like to eat?" Jun Min asked Dong Fang who was standing so close to him.

Dong Fang looked at him in the eyes and said, "You..."