Chapter Twenty One - Letters

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

c h a p t e r t w e n t y  o n e

{Letters}

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Skylar's POV

We left Virginia early since there was nothing left to do. We could've stayed an extra day, but adult duties called and we had to get back to work. I also talked Jayden out of visiting Ellie's grandparents. He wanted to give them a piece of his mind; I said that wasn't the brightest idea. Instead, we sent them a well-written, informative letter which read:

Dear Mr. & Mrs. Leeman,

My deepest condolences about Olivia. I cannot imagine how much you both are grieving. I wish I could've said goodbye or at least came to the funeral to share my utmost sympathy. She was a beautiful soul. From the moment I met her, my life changed drastically. But like you and my parents always said, "You two won't last, it means nothing, you are just children." And you're right, it didn't last, but that was because of you. I can't remember the last time I saw her, it's been quite some time. Almost eight years? That sounds about right because I just found out we have a seven and a half-year-old daughter. A daughter I never had a chance to meet, love, cherish, and watch grow because of you both. I will be sending more information regarding my child, your granddaughter, soon to get her back. In the meantime, I will be filing a lawsuit since I was never informed about my daughter. Although, it is your decision if you are willing to participate in helping get her back. If you are, please contact me with the information attached below, if not I will see you in court.

Again, my deepest condolences about Olivia,

Jayden Mitchell Brant

After Jayden wrote it and I read it over, we put it in the Leeman's mailbox. He also made phone calls and set up appointments to start the paperwork and the lawsuit process. We didn't talk about the content of the letter, but now I know about Olivia Leeman, Jayden's first love.

I'm assuming their parents didn't approve of the relationship, which ultimately led to their separation. Everything else, including her pregnancy and death, has me clueless. And I'm not sure when is the right time to ask about it.

When I get home, I shower and text Marlee to meet me in Central Park. I need someone to talk to about this entire situation and validate my feelings: the sex, his secret child, our relationship... I know she won't tell anyone, so Jayden's secret is safe.

After spilling my guts, she looks at me with wide eyes and asks quietly, "He's the father?"

"Yes, and I found out trying to call Noah. Someone random answered because had a random phone number as his contact."

She sips her tea. "Oh, Sky, that's a little messed up."

I shrug my shoulders. "A little, but I understand why. He just found out about his child and I'm only the second person he told. He also didn't tell me willingly."

She stares as if she has something to say, but swallows it away. My sister is the most protective person I know since she practically raised me. Most of the time we gossip like sisters, other times she scolds like our mother. This could be one of those times, but she refrains.

"I just want you to make good decisions."

"Out of all the vanilla, unproblematic boys that I could've had, I picked Jayden." I sigh dramatically, leaning back onto the park bench which causes her to laugh.