six

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗

ELECTRIC LOVE

CHAPTER SIX[ J A S O N ]

CHAPTER SIX
[ J A S O N ]

╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

NATALIA STIFFENED IMMEDIATELY, turning around and glaring at the girl. "Khione."

Jason watched the girl curiously. How did she figure that out so fast?

He then followed her gaze. Standing up at the top of the stairs was a girl in a white silk dress. Her skin was the color of snow, but her hair was a lush mane of black, and her eyes were coffee brown. There was no expression, no smile, and no friendliness.

Khione tilted her head tauntingly at Natalia, and Jason suddenly felt a surge of protectiveness. "Hello, Natalia Flynn, daughter of Artemis. It has been a while since we spoke."

"Not long enough," Natalia snapped.

She then turned her attention to Jason and Piper. "Father will want to see the one called Jason."

"Then it is him?" Zethes asked.

"We'll see," said Khione. "Zethes, bring our guests."

Leo went to grab his suitcase, but Khione stared at him with a look so intense that he froze. "Not you, Leo Valdez."

"Why not?" he asked.

"You cannot be in the presence of my father. Fire and ice — it would not be wise."

"We're going together," Jason said, putting his hand on Leo's shoulder. "Or not at all."

Khione tilted her head, and Jason noticed Natalia clench her fists. "He will not be harmed, Jason Grace, unless you make trouble. Calais, keep Leo Valdez here. Guard him, but do not kill him."

Cal pouted. "Just a little?"

"No. And take care of his interesting suitcase, until father passes judgement."

The group glanced at each other, making a silent decision.

"It's fine, guys," Leo said. "No sense causing trouble if we don't have to. Go ahead."

"Listen to your friend," Khione said. "Leo Valdez will be perfectly safe. I wish I could say the same for you, son of Zeus. Now come, king Boreas is waiting."