Chapter 1

Elizabeth's POV

        When I woke up, my head was pounding. I carefully opened my eyes, but gots dizzy from the motion. I slowly looked at my surroundings. I was in a cell; three of the walls were concrete stones, and the wall in front of me was covered in silver bars. The room wasn't huge, but I had enough room to breathe. I was completely un-chained, but wolfs couldn't touch the silver bars without getting injured, so I was trapped.

        I peeked out of the bars, careful not to touch the silver. I was in a room filled with cells. Most of the cells were occupied, but a few were empty, awaiting new prisoners. The very thought made me sick. 

        The cells were placed so that there was a long hallway between them where the guards could pace while keeping watch. I saw a guard at the end of the hallway. He had chisled features, and a messy mop of brown hair. His body was well muscled, but his lips curved into a frown. He looked to be in his early twenties. Considering I was only eighteen, I couldn't believe someone so young would be part of something so horrible.

        I leaned a little too close to the silver bars, and my wolf, Allona, whimpered as my chest hit the bar. I sprung away from the bars, my chest stinging even through the shirt. My pounding headache reappeared, and I closed my eyes from the pain. Nuesea overtook me, and I curled in the corner of the cell, trying to block everything out. In the distance, I could hear the screams and whimpers of prisoners getting torcured. I heard a painful howl; the sound of a wolf who has lost their mate. I also heard an amuzed chuckle. Suddenly, all the pieces clicked. 

Kek. 

        He was the leader of the rougues holding me here. In our pack, all of the kids learned about him, and what he does. He lives to hear the painful cries of wolves losing their mates. He tortures young wolves and their families. He makes the prisoners entertain him. Kek used to be a succesful Alpha long ago, before the war. Suddenly, it was him against the others, and he lost his mate in the battle. He turned cold, if he couldn't stay happy with his mate, no one could.

        My thoughts were cut of when another howl cut through the air. I listened closely, and realized that the cries were coming from below me. 

        That's probably where the torture chambers are. Allona said, her voice full of sorrow for the other wolves.

I heard footsteps coming up to the floor I was on. 

        "I hear we have a new tenant." Said a sickly voice.

I tried to shrink into the darkness of my cell.

        "Elizabeth Myers." Said the voice. "An Alpha's daughter. Oh, how I love to mess with Alpha blood."

How does he know who I am? I didn't say anything, but what will he do to me? How does he know my background? I wondered.

Kek knows all. My wolf said.

        Suddenly, the door to my cell was opened, and a cold hand grabbed my arm roughly. I was pulled down the hall of cells. I tried to struggle, but the hand gripped me tighter, and nails dug into my skin. I was dragged down steep stairs, and pushed against a hard concrete wall. My arms were chained to the wall, and in a last attempt I kicked the man in front of me. He grabbed my right leg and forced it into cuffs, then did the same to my other leg. Then he stood back and admired his "prize". 

"The lowest of the low." I muttered coldly.

"Oh great, you know who I am." Kek said, his voice sickly sweet.

"Your name means God of Darkness for heaven's sake." I said.

"You got one thing right, I am a god." He said, and with that, the kind act was washed away, and he pulled back his fist, punching me in the face.

~~~

I returned to my cell broken and bruised from Kek's beating. My face had purple bruises covering it, and my lungs hurt with every breath. I curled into the corner of the cell, and willed my wolf to heal faster. 

        One of Kek's servants slid a plate of food into my cell. If you could even call it that. The "food" was what appeared to be mashed potatoes covered in soup, but I doubted I was that lucky. I looked up to the girl giving me food, and she gave me a hesitant smile, which I returned.

"I'm Annie." She whispered so no one else could hear. I looked up, she had frizzy brown hair, a cheerless smile on her face. She continued to smile as I stared into her eyes. One was blue, the other green.

"Elizabeth, call me Liz."  

"I'm so sorry, I can see what they do is wrong, but I'm in no position to help."

I nodded, telling her I understood. She bent down, and added more food to the plate I was given. 

"It's the least I could do." She whispered. "See you tomorrow."

She then stood up and walked away to feed the other prisoners.