Chapter 4: Just Wondering Around

I stopped dead on my tracks, almost falling down the stairs during the process. Someone turned me around. It was Zayn.

"Are you ok?" he asked. I nodded.

"Who or what was that?" I said, looking around.

"I have no idea," he replied. "It sounded like it came from the kitchen." I grabbed Zayn's arm. We rushed down to the kitchen. As we entered the kitchen, another howl of screaming hit us. I quickly plugged my ears. My ears are very sensitive and hurt whenever I'm near a loud noise. Zayn gave me a concerned look.

"I'm fine," I assured him. I entered the kitchen. I rolled my eyes. It was only Niall. I punched him in the arm. He let out a little yelp.

"What was that for?" he scowled, rubbing his arm.

"For being an idiot," I joked. He rolled his eyes. "Why were you screaming?"

"Because I hit my toe on the edge of the chair," he replied, pointing to a broken chair in the corner.

"So you stubbed your toe and then smashed the chair? Sounds about right," I said. Niall looked down. I playfully punched his arm.

"I'm teasing dude," I said.

"I know," he replied.

"But did you actually break that chair?" I asked.

"I didn't mean to." I laughed. I've never heard of anyone how broke chairs because they hurt their toe. I walked back over to Zayn.

"So what are you doing Zayn?" I asked as we walked away from the kitchen.

"I'm not doing anything!" Niall exclaimed, rushing up to us.

"Um. Okay. So do you want to go out later?" I asked Zayn.

"No!" Niall screamed. I jumped.

"I'll catch you later," Zayn said. I nodded.

"What the heck was that?" I spat.

"You can't go out with him," Niall protested. "He's got a girlfriend."

"I didn't mean like on a date Niall," I growled. "I meant like lets go get some pizza or something as friends you dingwall."

"Don't call me a dingwall!' Niall yelled.

"I can call you whatever I want to call you!" I retorted.

"Fine!"

"Fine!"

"Fine!"

"Fine!"

"Quit copying me!"

"You quit copying me!" I stormed away. That arse. He acts like a baby. I sat down in a chair, trying to cool off.

"Is he your brother or something?" a girl asked as she sat down next to me.

"No," I sighed. "Though it does seem like it doesn't it?" She nodded.

"If he's not your brother, then why were you guys yelling at each other?" she asked, tilting her head.

"We have a complicated history," I explained.

"Ok. Do you want me to show you the ice cream shop?"

"There's an ice cream shop?"

"Well, it's across the street. But they have the best ice cream ever! Do you want to go?"

"Sure. Lead the way." I followed the girl out the door. As we were walking, there was an awkward silence. So I tried to make conversation. "So what's your name?"

"Anna," she replied.

"How old are you?"

"10."

"Are you a dancer?"

"Yep! My daddy said I'm the best dancer in the world!"

"Who's your daddy?"

"Simon Cowell." I looked at her strangely. She didn't notice. Simon had a daughter? I didn't know someone would like him so much that they wanted to get married to him. We crossed the street to the ice cream shop. I felt my pockets. I sighed.

"I don't have any money," I told Anna.

"it's fine. I'll pay. Two scoops of chocolate please," Anna said when we got to the counter.

"Sure thing Anna. What about you ms?" he asked, getting Anna's ice cream.

"One scoop of cotton candy, one scoop of chocolate, one scoop of mint, one scoop of vanilla and one scoop of birthday cake," I requested. The counter guy gave me a look.

"Um, you sure you can afford that Anna?" he asked.

"Yep! Daddy gave me fifty dollars to spend," Anna cheered as she handed him two twenty dollar bills. He handed us our icecream.

"Are you a backup dancer?" Anna asked as we sat down.

"Yep," I replied taking a lick out of my ice cream. "So how did you get to be a dancer? Did you try out?"

"No. My daddy bought the spot for me," Anna explained.

"So Simon 'bought' you a spot? Isn't that a little unfair?" I questioned.

"Well how did you get to be a backup dancer?" Anna retorted.

"Well....." I didn't finish. Just then, a random dude with reddish hair came busting through the doors. He turned towards Anna.

"Anna!" he exclaimed. He gave her a stern look. "Do you know how worried your dad was? He thought you were kidnapped! Let's go." He grabbed her arm.

"But I don't wanna go!" she whined But it was too late. The redish head guy dragged Anna out of the icecream shop. He didn't even let her get her icecream.

"Well I guess I'm going back to the house then," I murmured to myself. As I exited I realised it was almost dark. It started to snow. I shivered. I only had my hoodie and a hat on. Plus some jeans and boots. It was pretty cold for March.  

"Hey Thaila!" someone called from my left. I turned. It was Liam. I waved. 

"What are you doing out here?" he asked, wrapping a blanket around me. 

"I was going to get some ice cream with Anna but then this guy came and took her away," I explained. 

"You mean Ed?" Liam asked. 

"Sure. Whatever," I replied a bit annoyed. 

"Let's go inside. It's too cold out here." I nodded.