Chapter Ten. . .

• Dedicated to Rachel Ann Dillmore

A/N: Sorry that it is so short! But hey it's an update. I hope you like it!!!

~Cara <3

:Reminder:

‘I didn’t think it was until now.’ I sighed and put the pillow on the floor and brought my knees to my chest.

            ‘What do you want with me Jonathan?’

            ‘You can call me John.’

            ‘Stop avoiding the question.’

            ‘Well I’ve been watching you and I think you are a very beautiful woman.’

            ‘And you couldn’t have told me in the supermarket?’

            ‘No.’

            ‘Why not?’

            ‘Because I need to know you.’

Cara’s POV:

I didn’t know what else to say. My mind was going crazy. I let some strange guy into my apartment that jumped into my car automatically knowing my name. The only thing I knew about him was that his name is Jonathan. That’s it. I know nothing about him, but something is drawing me towards him. I shook my head to clear my thoughts. I put my hands up to stop whatever he was going to say. I got up from the couch and went in search of a notebook. What I have to say would be faster written than signed. When I finally found one and a pen I skipped back to the couch. He was still sitting there looking at my coffee table. He looked scared. I slowed down and flopped on the couch. I held my finger up to him when he was about to sign. I bent over the notebook and started to write. It was a good five minutes of him looking around my living room. I finished and snapped my fingers to get his attention. He snapped his head my way and I handed him the tablet. I still can’t believe that I’m sitting on my couch with a strange man and that we are going to be passing back and forth notes in my tablet.

            ‘I don’t know who you are. You came into my car and you said that you wouldn’t hurt me. I found out earlier today that my girlfriend had a seizure and went into a coma. I’m feeling like crap because it’s my fault she’s like this. I’m deaf from an accident years ago, but apparently I’m getting my hearing back. I yelled at her and my brother in the bakery to clean up a mess. She is permanently deaf. She has no ear drums. I don’t know why I’m telling you this but I figure that I need to show you a bit of myself. Now, who are you?’ I sat back and sighed as he read what I wrote. I had no clue what I was getting myself into right now. He reached for me and I shrunk back. He smiled and made a writing motion with his hand. I looked down at my hand that still had the pen in it. I handed it over and tried to calm my nerves. I felt my hands get clammy as I stared at him. He also bent over the notebook and started to write. He scribbled out a few times trying to get the right words. He kept glancing over at me while he was writing. I felt nervous and I got up and walked over to the kitchen. I opened the fridge and pulled out two water bottles. I shut the door with my hip and looked over to the living room. I almost screamed. He wasn’t there! I looked to my right and then to my left. He wasn’t there. I put the bottles down on the counter. I was about to turn around when he was right there in front of me. I reeled backwards and fell on my butt.

            “What the hell is wrong with you?!” I saw his eyebrows go up and I slammed a hand onto my mouth. Crap! I told him that I couldn’t speak and yet there I went. I even heard my self!

            He handed the tablet back over to me and I took it with shaky hands. I kept the hand on my mouth there as I read what he wrote.

            ‘My name is Jonathan. And I can’t tell you a whole lot about myself until I get to know you better. I saw you and your girlfriend at the bakery earlier today. I thought the guy hugging you was your boyfriend. I apologize. I know that you are beautiful with blonde hair and blue eyes. But you insist on wearing green contacts. I know that you were in that accident a few years ago. I did not know that you lost your hearing because of it. I am sorry for that. And I hope I can make you figure out who you are.’ I looked up at him as I was getting up from the floor. He smiled at me and I could see in his eyes that he wasn’t going to hurt me. He was too sincere about everything. Although it is creepy that he knows all that about me when all I know is his name. I don’t even know his last name. I looked into his eyes  and was searching for something. For anything. I put the notebook down on the counter and took a water bottle. As I was opening it up I felt nauseas. I ran to the bathroom and threw up everything in my stomach. I threw the water bottle into the tub where it’s contents were drained. I felt Jonathan behind me but I lost all my decency. I puked up everything and when I was done I felt my eyelids get heavy. I tried fighting it but the fatigued\ was too strong. I fell backwards and I hit my back on the edge of the tub. I was out for the count. I didn’t feel anything after that. I was asleep.

Jonathan’s POV:

I watched her fall asleep. I sighed and picked her up and walked to her bedroom. It was the only room that wasn’t a walk-in closet. I pulled back the duvet and the sheet and placed her down. I made her comfortable and then placed the covers over her. I didn’t touch her again after that. As I was walking out I shut her door. I walked into the kitchen and tore off the paper that we were writing on and wrote on a clean sheet. I quickly wrote a message that she will see.

            ‘Please meet me at your bakery. I would like to take you out to see your girlfriend. I hope that you will join me tomorrow. I have to tell you a lot. I promise that I will tell you what you want to know.

Yours truly,

Jonathan’

I locked her front door and sighed when I saw the stairs. Well at least it’s going down. I thought to my self. I started down and kept going even when I got a cramp in my thigh. I sighed and walked out the door of the apartment building. I checked my phone and noticed that he called. I hurriedly called him back. He didn’t let the first ring go through before he picked up.

“Hello?” The scratchy voice that I will never forget answered.

“You are late.”

“Yes I know.”

“Why?”

“Because she let me into her apartment and we were talking. I apologize.”

“She let you in so soon?”

“Yes, Sir.”

“You know what you have to do.” And with that he hung up. I closed my phone and placed it in my pocket after checking the time. It was four in the morning. I needed to get some sleep. But I had no money to buy a hotel room. I kept walking with confidence because I knew that the prostitutes won’t be out this late. I sighed and felt the weight of the  last week weigh down on me. I couldn’t believe I found her so quickly. I was smiling from ear to ear when I finally figured out what he meant by ‘You know what you have to do.’ I frowned when it dawned on me. I couldn’t do that. My frown deepened and my chest ached when the thought ran through my head on repeat. I can’t do it.

            I have to break them up and I have to win her heart.