Chapter 1: A Childhood Friend

••• Mari-chan's P.O.V •••

I am Mizushima Mari, an orphan and I live at Noah's Ark of Orphans, an orphanage for children without home or those who we're abandoned. I am one of those "unwanted child" and I've been here since I was 5 years old. I was abandoned by my father, blaming me for the death of my mother who died giving birth to me. He hated me and battered at a very young age. He keeps on saying unpleasant things like "You should've died and not your mother!" etc.

But because of THAT mistake I did that I never knew it was wrong, My father decided to turn me over in an orphanage. But after a year he died because of kidney failure.

My Aunt Kana, the sister of my father, visits me everytime and we used to hangout a lot, talked about fun things, about my family, my parents, that's why I don't feel lonely at all. Until she got married and decided to migrate in America, leaving me here....

At least I still have Haruka by my side!!

Kuruma Haruka was my best-friend here at Noah's Ark of Orphans. He's been here by the time he was born... Haruka and I always support each other and he's the one who always protects me. And whenever I needed him the most, he will come to my aid and rescue me.. He was like my knight in shining armor but I only saw him as my best-friend or as a brother? Maybe.. I really don't know!

Mari: "Haru-chan! Wait for me!!"

Haruka: "Can you please stop calling me Haru-chan, I told you, its annoying."

Mari: "But I'm used to it... And besides its cute."- I pouted

Haruka: "My name is for girls and still you put it with -chan? Its embarrassing!"

Mari: "So what? Your name is so beautiful and you shouldn't be ashamed of it!!" - I smiled widely

Haruka: "Okay, you win. Now, let's go." - He sighed then rolled his eyes

We attend in a school named Noah's Academy, where orphans and poor people can study and we never wear any uniform. The orphanage owns it and has pre-school up to middle school levels. Also before we go to our own rooms, all of us would be eating at the large cafeteria then we will proceed in our own classes.

Me and Haruka are classmates as always, he would teach me our lessons for that day because I always get low grades that's why I manage to pass! And besides I understand it when Haru-chan is the one explaining. He's smart, athletic and kind, that's why he's popular with girls. But behind that princely appearance and attitude lies an certified OTAKU persona. Fufufu~~!

Girl 1: "Haruka-senpai, notice me!"

Girl 2: "Ohayo, Haruka-sama!!"

Haruka: "Oha~yo~!"*with a bright smile*

Girls: "KYAAAAAHHHHH~~~~!"

Why does all the girls go crazy just seeing Haru-chan?

Mari: "Yo, Haru-chan. You really are popular with girls, aren't you?"

Haruka: "Hmmmm.. Don't tell me you're jealous?"-He teased

Mari: "You're wrong! I just don't get it, c-coz you know where just grade schoolers and we're only 11 years old. I just find it WEIRD, that's all..."-he pointed at my heart

Haruka: "Ha! I know you're not interested in me.. But one day you would feel that inside your heart is that, I have some room there.. Somehow I know I'm special to you.."-He pointed where my heart is.

I stared blankly at him.

Haruka: "Nah!! I'm just joking around! You're too slow as always.."