Mystery against History

It was the end of February 2010. 

I was waiting at a Chinese restaurant in sector 15, Noida for my roommates to show up. That evening, out of blue, I called them at the restaurant to have dinner together.

Soon they all arrived. I waved my hands to them as I saw them entering the restaurant.

“What happened?” asked Indu while settling down on the seat. “Why did you call us all of a sudden? Is everything okay?”

“Yeah, I have something to tell you...” I replied.

“Before that I have some really exciting news to share with you guys.” Gaurav interrupted me.

“Wait, Wait! Before you guys go on with your stories, let’s order something first, I’m starving.”  Pankaj requested.

After the waiter left the table with the order:

“Guess what happened in my office today?” Gaurav spat out before I could share my story.

“Appraisal?” Indu guessed.

“Nope.”

“Board meeting?” Pankaj assumed.

“Nay.”

“Had a fight with someone?” I presumed.

“Umm… you’re somewhat close but not entirely. Okay let me kill the suspense. Actually I met a girl in the office today.”

“Wow, that’s great!” Indu said, knocking up her seat. “Tell us in details!”

“So, this is what happened today…” and Gaurav narrated the incident.

It was a tea break in my office. I bought a coffee from the counter and no sooner did I turn around than I bumped into someone, spilling the entire coffee on my hand and on the floor.

I was already having a bad day in the office, so this made me to hit the roof and my first reaction was:

“What the fuck! Don’t you have fucking eyes or have you got your balls fixed in your eye sockets!!”

“Eish!! I’m extremely sorry. I didn’t see you coming.”

I heard a girl apologizing.

She took out her hanky and wiped the coffee from my hand and said:

“Gosh! It must be burning like hell. Just keep it under the running water, you’ll feel better.”

“No, it’s okay.” I replied. “I’m fine. I can bear that much of pain.”

“Oh yeah, I forgot. Men don’t feel the pains.” She said and smiled.

That pretty smile of her sublimed all my pains and anger.

“But as compensation, I must buy you a coffee.” She said, heading towards the counter.

“Please don’t bother. It’s okay.”

“Oh please allow me because if you don’t then I’ll feel that you have not forgiven me.”

Now who could say no to such an attractive girl and put down that sweet offer!

Buying the coffee, we sat on a booth, together.

“First of all, I apologize for the words I used there. I thought it was a guy.”

“It was totally rational. Even I would have freaked out like that if somebody had spilled hot coffee on me. May be my reaction would have been much louder and offensive one.” She joked.