Chapter 4 "Viherpuiden laakso"

Demios woke up finding himself in his bed with the wagon moving slowly "Hmm must have been a dream." Demios thought, pulling off his bedsheet and getting up, he heard some shouts of organisation and he walked over to a cabinet to get some food, as he was walking over he heard scuffling behind him, he turned quickly to see under his bed a purple egg lay twisting and turning, once again Demios was wrong about something and everything had happened. He walked over to the egg and picked it up, he saw that there were many in the shell and that meant that it was about to hatch. Demios thought for a moment what to do and he believed that he would keep it a secret until they reached Widow Dale where he could maybe find some information about everything. He sat there thinking how he could keep he dragon safe if it hatched before Widow Dale and decided he would have to trust one person with the secret. The one person he chose was the sword master, his reasoning was that the sword master was a well respected person and he might have seen Demios use magic already as well as being a honourable man who would not try and get any self-gain from this. 

Demios walked to his back door whilst putting on a satchel to hold the egg and went outside, he dropped out of the trailer, and walked along side the trailer to the front ,he noticed that when trying to walk his normal pace he was going slightly faster and was able to get to the front of the wagon within 5 seconds. He walked over to it and jumped onto the front where his mother was, "What happened to you last night?" Demios's mother looked at him as she sat there reading as she did not have to control the steering. "Oh um I just went for a walk to in the forest again to a nice place I found." Demios sat down being careful not to bang his satchel on anything without making it to obvious. "And did anything else happen?" His mother looked at him as if he was ill "Um no." Demios said back not ready to tell her of the events. After a while of sitting there in silence Demios tapped his foot and said. "I need to see the sword master I'll be back in abit." Demios's mother lifted her head up "No." She said in a cautious voice to not raise her voice in anyway. "What?" Demios asked confused "I need to see him." Demios's mother looked slightly angered by this. "No. I wont let another son be taken away from me by that man." She said raising her voice slightly. "What? I'm not going to be like Laulch and up and leave I promised I wouldn't join the cadets." Demios said knowing why his mother was being cautious, it was because of his brother Laulch, about seven months ago Laulch had been talking with the sword master and decided to join the cadet corps by up and leaving with a village convoy going to join as well. Demios's mother didn't take this well and was distraught for many weeks before being able to help Demios again, even if she didn't really get over it, and ever since she has been hateful towards the sword master. "Then why are you going?" Demios's mother asked a raised curiosity on her brow. "I'm going to talk about something private." Demios said in a way as if it was personal, "um..Oh! Oh ok i understand since your father isn't here its only right you have som-" Demios shouted loud in a screech of embarrassment and awkwardness towards his mother "NO! NOTHING LIKE THAT NO!"  Demios jumped of the trailer "No! It's nothing like that its just something else." With that Demios walked away.

Demios walked past about twelve wagons to reach the front where the swordmaster and 7 guards under his command were stationed. He studied the sword master for a while. The man had greying hair and already a grey beard he had a tall broad stature and a scar on both of his hands, he had baby blue eyes and his nose was crooked. Over all he looked like a ordinary warrior but more battle scared than the rest, atleast than the rest of the guards. Demios finally noticed the man was looking at him "are you ok there Demios?" Demios stared blankly for a second "oh sorry yes can we talk in private?" The man stared at him and then dropped of the moving wagon. "I'll leave Lucifer in charge until i return undetstood?" The guards said in unison "Sir yes sir!"

Demios lead both of them out of the way to the side of the road out of ear shot. They began to then walk at the speed of the carvans. "What did you want to talk about Demios?"
"This." Demios opened his satchel revealing a purple dragon egg. The sword master staired at the egg for a moment "what is it?" He asked.
"A dragon egg." Demios said as a horrified face appeared on the sword masters face.
"Where did you get this from?"
"The eggs brother gave it to me."
"What!" The man shouted
"And he also transfered himself or apart of himself into me."
"What do you mean?"
"He bestowed his powers as a dragon on to me i think?" Demios didnt really know if the dragon had but the only lead was that he was walking faster, but that really wasn't a lead. After about ten minutes then the sword master asked. "So how will you or 'we' raise a dragon?"
"The dragon told me to treat it as my brother so thats what I'm going to do, I'll hunt for it until it can feed itself and it can live with me and if it gets so large it cant fit then i bet by then it will leave us and if it does then i will accept that." Demios looked at the sword master for disapproval but there were none. The man did not have anything to say. "That is how it shall be then." He looked over at the caravans. "When will we tell the rest of the people." Demios had not really thought about this he had guessed the secret would get out in Widow Dale but anytime before that the dragon egg could hatch. "We can tell them as soon as the egg hatches or on that day." The sword master thought for a moment and then said "Demios would you do that even if it hatched today?" Demios looked at him waiting a moment to talk then said "I think so yes." After this the sword master patted him on the back and then said. "Oh and I almost forgot come here." The sword master ran to the front trailers and grabbed something out the back then ran back, Demios could see that it was the sword Demios had chosen and it was in scabbard ,Demios guessed went on his back, the sword master ran over and showed it to Demios. "Now that you have need for protection you can keep this until we either get you a new one or you fully keep it." Demios took it and strapped it to his back as he did he looked over the horizon to see in the distance a formation of buildings. "Is that?" Demios questioned the sword master and he "Demios welcome to Widow Dale."

{Chapter 5 "Breaking Point" will be out on the 23 of November}