Chapter twenty-six- Like the sun aligned with the moon.

A/N- I'm definitely back now! Another update is here!

Courage is one step ahead of fear.
-Coleman Young.

"You shouldn't have spent so much time on the deck." I squeezed the water out of the hand towel, as I tried to bring down Jason's ever-rising temperature.

"I'll be fine once you stop fussing over me, Mia." He complained about the hundredth time this morning. Not that I was actually even listening to whatever he was saying. He is very stubborn and refused treatment whatsoever. So I had to resort to this.

I noticed his temperature earlier this morning when I went to get water in the refrigerator. I came back to the room, immediately I got into the bed Jason being the cuddler he is hugged me from behind; and that was when I noticed.
"Holy sh*t Jason." I withdrew quickly from him like he was contaminated.
"What's wrong?... Did I do something wrong?... I'm sorry if you don't like cuddling anymore, I'm just so used to it." Jason said with worry so evident in his face.

"No stupid... I love cuddling with you, but not with a hundred-degree celsius Jason. You're really burning up Jason, what in the world happened to you." I asked while getting the thermometer from the top drawer.
I put the thermometer in his mouth and after a minute removed it to check the reading.

"Oh my gosh!... Your reading is 46°c. We need to go to the hospital right now." I tried prying Jason off the bed but ended up toppling over him.
"If you stay like this the next one hour, I'll definitely get better." He said while bringing me closer to his body, that I felt his hard length poke my stomach. A normal thing for guys in the morning, but not good for me as I felt my insides warm up. While Jason lay there unaffected by our close proximity, my body felt hot and bothered.

I quickly stood up from Jason's body as I huffed to rid any embarrassment I felt. My cheeks felt really hot, and I'm definitely sure that I was blushing really hard. Thank goodness that it was still a bit dark since only the table lamp was on, else Jason wouldn't have stopped teasing me.

I cleared my throat to ensure my voice remains steady, to rid any evidence of my arousal.

"This is not the time to perv Jason. I'm really serious, we need to get you to the hospital. Or if you're worried about the press, call your family doctor which I'm certain you have." I tried reasoning with him.

"I'm fine Mia. It's just a little fever, besides my doctor is on vacation." He shrugged lazily.

I really felt like wringing his neck.

"Your temperature is really scaring me. I don't know why you're being so cool about it." I couldn't help the fear that was seeping into my voice slowly.
"I'm really fine Mia, just come over and let's go back to bed." He patted my space beside him.

I didn't have any choice but to crawl back into the bed with him. Jason brought me closer to his chest as he held my waist firmly like he felt I'll run away. As soon as his hold on me limped a bit, and I felt his breathing become slow and rhythmic. I turned and faced him, staring at him and not caring that if he woke up I'll look like a creep.

When some of his hair got into his face, I couldn't help but brush his hair off his face. I didn't know when I came really close and kissed his lips lightly. He didn't even stir and I was really happy about that, 'cause I wouldn't want our friendship to be ruined because he didn't feel the same way. It's better he's in my life as a friend than not being in it at all.

As I felt Jason's neck again to see if his temperature has calmed down a bit, it felt like it had become worse.
Tears rolled down my cheeks as I placed my palm on my mouth to prevent any sound from escaping, thereby alerting Jason that I was crying.