Chapter twenty-five- You're like my personal star.

A/N: Sorry for the irregular updates, life has been shitty.
P.s the saying in the picture above👆 isn't mine, therefore I don't take credit for it.

Love consists in this, that two solitudes protect and touch and greet each other.
-Rainer Maria Rilke.

I woke up to someone placing feathery kisses on my forehead. I opened my eyes slightly and saw it was Jason.

"Someone special is plus one today. How does the birthday girl feel?" Jason looked at me with his eyes shining in admiration.
"I think older and a little bit miserable." I joked a bit about his question.

Jason groaned in frustration, as he lay on his side facing me. Our lips were inches apart from each other, and it suddenly felt right to want to kiss him.
I think if I were asked to make a secret birthday wish right now, I'll wish for a person like Jason to be my husband. Jason has made me feel so loved in so many ways, without him even being aware of it. Compared to my previous relationship, Jason as a friend has really made me happier than my relationship with Dayne.

I was still lost in my thoughts when Jason snapped his fingers, thereby bringing my attention back to him.

"Penny for your thoughts?" Jason smiled widely looking somehow cute even with his tousled hair.
"They're not even worth a penny." I chuckled nervously. How can I tell him I was thinking of him and me together?

"You're probably thinking of how you'll never find anyone to marry you with your smartass mouth. Don't worry even after seven seas, my love for you will never change. Fear not because your knight in shining armor is here." Jason teased looking amused as his eyes shined with obvious amusement.

"Shut up moron." I laughed as I moved my position from facing to sort of straddling him, as I attempted to tickle him.
Keyword- an attempt, because tickling him is just impossible.

Jason somehow managed to get me on my back with him somehow taking my previous position.

Is it just I or everything between Jason and me is getting really sexual this morning.

"Close your eyes, Mia," Jason whispered in my ears in a raspy voice making my toes tingle.
"Don't you attempt to kiss me." I jokingly said even though that's really what I wanted right now.

"Kissing you with your morning breath?... Thanks, I'll rather pass." He replied smugly.

I think Jason really became really annoying this morning.

"You really are annoying." I pouted.
"Just close your eyes for me M&M." He kissed my forehead for the second time this morning.

I remembered what my mom said to me one day when she was teaching how to knit, and as much as I didn't like it I just did it to spend more time with her.

"I don't know how long we're going to be together, but I want to tell you everything you need to know."

Looking back at it now, it seems mom had a premonition that we were not going to be together for a long time. I always like acting like I have moved on from my parent's death, being so playful and jovial when in reality I really miss them a lot. It's just my own way of coping with my pain. I'm not saying it's healthy, but I just mom and dad to look down and see the amazing person I have become. Not a pathetic person still wallowing about their death.

"Mom don't be that way." I groaned feeling really touchy about the death subject. I couldn't imagine life without my parents.
"It's okay Mia, not everything good lasts forever. I want to really tell you something about marriage."
"Eww... Boys have cooties." I scrunched my face.
"Soon you wouldn't think that way," She kissed my forehead while saying this.