Chapter 1

“Aww! Guys, look! It’s a bunny!” 

“Whoa! And it’s white! It has red eyes so that’s probably an Albino Rabbit!”

“Lucky!”

“What should we do with it? It seems lost.”

“Let’s kill it!”

“We probably should. But what if it’s innocent?”

“How should we know if that things innocent or not? Just kill it. We might get lucky and we get to kill a Shifter!”

“Okay fine! Give me something to hit it with…that! Give me that stick beside your foot. Hurry!”

“It’s okay lil’ bunny. This won’t hurt a bit.”

“Bye, bye!”

I braced myself for the worst. I had mixed feelings if I should transform or not. But I guess this is my end. 

“Drop that stick and leave that thing alone or I’ll make sure you won’t be able to go back home breathing.”

The kids all turned around to see who threatened them and blood on their face drained down with the sigh of a brunette with white highlight haired guy, wearing cargo shorts, black tank shirt and a baseball bat on his hand while a plastic bag on his other. 

I’m not sure if they got scared with the guy’s threat or because of his appearance and what he’s holding. He even looks like the type who would go to the gym everyday without fail.

Without a second word, the kids dropped what they were holding and run away at lightning speed, leaving me and the guy alone in the middle of the playground. He approached me and I stared up at him.

Sighing, he dropped the bat and combed back his hair, exasperated.  How handsome. I could see irritation from his eyes while he mercilessly glared down at me. 

“How many times do I have to  tell you to stop going to places where I can’t find you especially places like this that you cannot go?!”

Eep! He goes his sermon. 

I wiggled my nose, acting innocent. 

“You may be able to fool those kids, but not me Micah. I know that it’s you. Hurry up and transform before the other Hunts get here and find you with me.”

I mentally clicked my tongue and took a deep breath. 

Damn. I will never ever get used to transforming my appearance. Like ever. Shifting from animal to human and vice versa is something that I will forever have to endure as long as I get to live. In the eyes of a human, it’s like a magic trick. A bomb of smoke exploding in your face and the next thing you know there is a naked person in front of you.