Chapter Fourteen.

Chapter Fourteen.

Blue bolts of lightening beam across the sky followed by the angry scold of the thunder. Misty clouds of gray shove each other mercilessly, portraying an odd imitation of thoughtless children fighting in a crowd. They threaten to shower the innocent city of London with tears of fury as they do not find the space they seek in the congested sky.

Even though I find the childish sight mesmerizing, I avert my stray gaze from the window as a yawn escapes my lips. Uncalled for tears emerge in my eyes and I blink them back. Without much command from my mind, my arms rise above my head to stretch the upper length of my body. As the cold day's chill creeps up on me, goosebumps ripple across the surface of my skin and I embrace myself only to discover that my fingertips are icy.

At once I long for a different pair of hands to comfort me. A pair of hands I happen to know are warm and soothing.

Silly! I recall Niall's cheerful voice and the edges of my lips stretch up in an unbelievable smile. I inhale a cold breath and enjoy the sensation it spreads through my chest. I giggle foolishly and run a hand through my messy hair till the knots interrupt. Instead of frowning my eyes fall upon the side table where I had kept Niall's favorite wrist band last night. I longingly reach for the rubbery red material and feel elated to touch the smooth band with my fingertips.

I helplessly giggle once more.

My free hand reaches up to my lips and I finger the spots where I think Niall's had touched. I feel myself swelling with overwhelming delight as I remember the sweet taste of his warm lips. The way he had propped my chin up- I let my fingers trail down to my jaw- it had felt as if he had very much anticipated the amazing moment. It flatters me to think that he finds something worthy in me. Flattered and very, very much ela-

A raspy knock interrupts my thoughts and I look up from my wrist around which I have slipped Niall's wrist band.

"It's OK."

As soon as I grant permission, the door opens revealing Niall's stunning form. I feel a tad bit sheepish as my eyes land on his smiling lips at once; it is only fair to give them attention as they had made me feel very special indeed. Embarrassed, I elevate my gaze and notice his cheeks tinged red with the heat of last night's kiss. Warmth surges through me at the sight and I recall how I had been longing for Niall to comfort my cold form only moments ago.

Another wave of delight washes over me as Niall lingers at the door frame. Even though he had spared me an amazing moment the previous night, I am pleased that he wishes to maintain his promise.

"I wouldn't ever want to make you feel uncomfortable, Norah."

I smile as the realization sinks in more evidently. He actually means it. He actually cares!

"Good morning, beautiful," Niall greets me and the blood shades my cheeks crimson.

"Hello to you, too, Niall," I almost giggle my response before adding, "I did not give you permission to flatter me."

"I had no clue I was, love," Niall chuckles and I blush deeper.

"Liar," I mutter accusingly.

"I'll be anything to brighten those cheeks of yours," he replies and laughs when I hide my face in my hands. "Did you have a good night's sleep?"

"The best in a while," I tell him stretching my arms infront of me this time; Niall's eyes light up even more noticing his wrist band around my wrist. "I love waking up to such mornings."

"You like rainy days." It's not a question and I can sense the disappointment in Niall's voice.

"Love," I ammend him wrapping my arms around me. "I love the cold!"