CHAPTER TWELVE: LIPS ARE MOVIN'

"You're full of something but it ain't love"

~Mehgan Trainor

The day after Christmas we'd left Elijah's parents house to go and visit Ava's parents for New Years. They were so happy to see us but I knew they were still not over the death of their daughter. I couldn't blame them though because I still wasn't over it. We laughed and cried over the memories we had all shared with Ava and Ava's mom had took me shopping to get some stuff for the baby. Before we knew it, it was time for us to go back home.

We boarded the jet and I put my feet up on the seat next to me and took a deep breath. My feet and back were killing me; I wasn't used to having to support this much weight.

Elijah lifted my feet up to sit down and laid them back on his lap before starting to rub my feet.

"Mm that feels so good" I said leaning my head back and closing my eyes.

"Your feet are really swollen" he said starting to rub them harder.

"No I'm just getting fat" I said sighing.

"Hey. Look at me" he said. I glanced over at him and he grabbed my chin, making me look him in the eyes.

"You are not fat. You're carrying a healthy baby and gaining the appropriate amount of weight. There is absolutely nothing fat about you, understand me?"

I nodded my head and he gave me a quick peck on the lips. I leaned my head back again and before I knew it, I was knocked out.

I woke up to Elijah telling me we had landed. I stretched and slipped my sandals back on my feet before grabbing my bag and letting Elijah lead me off the jet.

He and Aaron took our bags to the truck and I slipped into the passenger seat, eager to get home into my own bed. It was a quiet but uncomfortable ride. We held hands and he rubbed my thigh and before I knew it we were pulling up in the driveway.

Elijah allowed Aaron to grab our things while he led me into the house and helped me up the stairs.

"Do you need anything?" he asked me as I laid down, enjoying the feel of the sheets against my skin.

"Just a glass of water if you don't mind" I told him. He nodded and went to get the water for me. He entered the room a few moments later.

"I'll be back in a couple of hours babe. I have a few errands to run" he said.

"Okay. Just be safe. And bring me back some ice cream please" I said with my best puppy dog face.

He laughed and kissed my forehead before leaving. I flipped through different apps on my phone for about an hour before there was a knock on the door.

I figured if it was someone important they would have called first so I ignored it. The knocking continued and I sighed and rolled my eyes before getting up and wobbling down the stairs. Whoever was at the door started to knock louder.

"Hold on I'm coming, damn!" I said trying to walk as fast as I could.

I finally got to the door and opened it to see Mehgan standing there with tears streaming down her face.

"Mehgan, what are you doing here? What's wrong?" I asked worriedly.

"I'm okay, I just need to talk" she said. I nodded my head and invited her in. She sat on the couch and let out a loud sigh.

"What's going on?" I asked.

"It's Ava" she said. I raised an eyebrow.

"What's Ava?" I asked wanting her to elaborate.