Episode of the Pirate Hunter and the Archeologist

Roronoa Zoro and Nico Robin

 Chapter One

There I was, watching the night sky and it seems that it was yet another peaceful voyage on the sea. I couldn’t wait for the next island because Poneglyphs are scattered all over the new world. We just got out of the Fishman Island. I wonder how long it would take for us to find another island full of adventures. Luffy is a magnet of trouble after all so it shouldn’t take long.

“Hey, what are you still doing here in the upper deck? It’s my time for watch. You can go to sleep.” I shivered when I heard Zoro’s voice behind me.

“It’s alright. I don’t feel sleepy yet. It’s nice to see the stars so clearly at this time of the night.” I smiled at him.

“It’s three in the morning.” He sounded sleepy.

“I can take this time to watch. You can rest if you want to. I’ll wake you up when there’s trouble.” I assured him. He looked at me with a disapproving look but it appears like he couldn’t argue anymore.

“I’ll stay here just in case.” He sat down on the green lawn and then placed his three katanas in his arms. Within a few seconds, Zoro closed his eyes and slept peacefully. I have watched over this man for a long time and I know that he doesn’t always sleep when he does that. He just rests. I bet he is still fully aware of what I am doing.

And so I stood up and then sat on the Bulwark. I made hands pop out from the edges to hold me so I wouldn’t fall over. I looked up and sighed. “Mom, look at me now.” I whispered.

“I’m not going to save you if you fall down there.” He muttered.

“Oh, I thought you were already asleep.” I smiled at him.

“Can’t you just get inside?” He hissed, annoyed.

“I’ll be fine.”

“Whatever,” He closed his eye again and then went back to his fake sleep. After a few hours, he fell asleep for real. I took a blanket from inside and wrapped it around him before I went to the crow’s nest. I looked around if there was anything suspicious but there wasn’t. I looked around and saw Zoro’s dumbbells. It was huge and I am pretty amazed with his strength. Such power can only come from a life time of training. I wonder how he was trained over these two years. He looked like he got a lot stronger. His eye, I wonder what did that to him. I don’t think he’s blind. I feel like there is a very dangerous power hiding inside of it for some reason.

I heard he arrived at Saboady Island with a woman. Judging by the description that Shaki told me, that woman is Perona. I guess she’s pretty good given the fact that she has accurately directed Zoro even with his extremely poor sense of direction. He’s grown tall. His muscles have evolved as well. I can never shake the image of his broad back when he saved me in the Fishman Island from an attack. That man surely is one of a kind. He’s the only one who gets my trail of thought precisely most of the times.

I wonder what could get him to notice me. I’ve been craving his attention ever since we were in the Sky Island. During our match with Enel, I may have looked like I passed out but I sure felt the rage he had when the mad man struck me with lighting and even the time when he was the first one to try to defend me against Aokiji. Back at Water Seven, he still fought for me along with Luffy and the others. He was the one who got my key at the Enies Lobby. He has exceeded my expectations countless of times. I’m a bit older than him though. Alright, that’s a lie. I’m 9 years older than him but I look fresh so it’s not so obvious. Besides, age doesn’t matter. Does it matter to him? Who knows?