Something forgotten

It was the 3rd call this week. I had almost expected it. 2 minutes later, bag and keys in hand, I was out of the door and my breakfast forgotten about.
The books were pilling up and my assignments needed finishing but it's only 20 minutes, it could wait,  right?
I'd be back in no time.
Foot down, I headed south bound, taking junction after junction I sat in my car, in a pair of leggings and loose top that I had thrown on in a rush and my hair pulled up in a messy bun.
Approaching junction 9, I turned off, 5 minutes of forest later and I was pulled up outside the SCI Tech building. It was meant to be a private secure science facility but I knew where I was going, I walked in past security and headed left of the reception desk.
"Again!" A voice called
"3rd time this week" I shouted back to the guy behind the desk.
Floor five in the lift, hall to the right and down the stairs, he had said.  It had quietened down since I had passed reception, the quietest I had seen the place in weeks. Where was everyone?
Taking the hall to the right, I quickly found the stairs. This wasn't part of the facility I had seen before, the rooms were few and far between. I had almost got to the end when I heard the noise, I could see my father through the open door and made my way in.
The room was filled with many chairs, all facing forward, towards a glass room. There was people in lab coats everywhere. You could make out anyone important dotted around  in their suits.
"Should you be in here?"  I turned to mr tall dark and handsome, watching his smirk with curiosity.
"I should" I replied.
"And who might you be?"
"Lielah! Your here! Thank you sweetheart" my dad called, kissing my cheek, his grey hair tickling my face and his lab coat flying behind him.
"I hope that sandwich is worth all the effort" I laughed, handing him his lunch box.
"My favourite" he smiled.

"We are going to attempt extraction, please stand clear and probes at the ready please" a stout looking man bellowed above the chatter.
"Oh you best be going now lielah, thank you for bringing me my lunch, it will be the last time I forget it, I promise. It's just  been a very long old week"
"Yeah right" I laughed. I headed towards the door, but managed 3 steps before mr tall dark and handsome had stopped me.
"Hey, you wanna see something cool" he said pointing towards the glass room. I hadnt noticed the chains or the man sat upon the chair in the middle, shirtless and head lowered.
"Who is that?"
"Not who, what is that?" He replied
"THAT" he said "is a monster"
Now I had heard stories of criminals being held at the facility for testing on. But nothing had prepared me for this.
He was huge, even in his hunched over state, his body was covered in a tattoos and a thick layer of sweet, his shirt was removed and hands chained to the steel chair beneath him. the muscles of his back were evident, he woke jeans that were worn and ripped and his feet were chained to the chair legs and bare.
I couldn't stop my feet from moving, I was fascinated. Who was this man?
"You! Stop! Don't get too close" someone had called but I was far to captivated
"Lielah, that's far enough" my father shouted.
Then he moved.
His head snapped up first,  his hands flexed and he sniffed the air around him. Before I had time to think, he was up and out of his chair, the chains straining to contain him and his eyes locked on mine. Within seconds, I was being held back by a tall and solid mass behind me.
Then the roaring came. The monster was furious, I could practically feel as rage heat the room as the man behind held me captive, pulling me away. 
"Mine!" It roared.