Lost hope(2)

Lost hope(2)

I flutter my eyes open oblivious to what I'm going through. I wish it could stay this way. I don't want to remember any of the cold truth that lays before me. But unfortunately I have to. I look around to see that I'm still in the hospital. My Doctor comes in with a sheet of paper.

"Ah you're awake." He states before handing me the piece of paper and a pen, "Just sign on the dotted line and we can send you to an orphanage."

Orphanage? This word rings in the back of my mind a long time after he said it. But what's the point of fighting back when there is nothing to fight for. I take the pen and paper and sign it. My life is over. It doesn't matter what happens now. I hand the paper back to him.

"A police officer will be in shortly to escort you to the orphanage." He says before leaving my room. I wait in silence trying hard not to think about mum, but it's impossible, and when I do, it hurts. Everything in my life hurts right now, and I can barely cope. I am shaken out of my thoughts by a police officer walking into my room. It's the same one that broke the news to me. I stand up and he leaves the room so I can get changed. When I walk over to him he gives me a sympathetic look and walks me to his cop car.

As soon as I see the car I stop dead. Thoughts are flying back to me. The roof caving in, the smell of burning tires, the blood...

I shrug the memories off. I am not weak. Reluctantly I slide into the passenger seat and pull my seat belt on. The officer gets in and realizes I'm uncertain.

"Are you alright?" He asks concerned. I ignore his question and he sighs, "I can't understand what you are going through but you can talk to me." I ignore his questioning look and gaze out the window.

Have you ever wondered why we bother with love when it is just going to be crushed in the end. It's stupid what I am thinking right now but I can't help it. Every thing in my life that I loved was destroyed. My father was killed in a plane crash when I was three. He was heading back home from America when it happened. He had been on a course trying to get a job. I have never been on a plane since.

I am brought out of my thoughts by the car stopping. I slide out of the car and look around and see a large white building with a few rooms either side of it. There are roses surrounding the outside of the walls but there is still a prison feeling about it. I sigh and take my bags out of the car. This is going to be where I live.

We walk up to the big wooden door and the police officer pushes it open. I step inside and blink at the sudden darkness that now surrounds me. The walls are painted a dark grey and there are two desks in the large dull room. At one of these desks there sat a tall thin woman talking on the phone. She is wearing a black suit and her grey hair is pulled back into a tight bun. She see's us walk in and hangs up.

"you must be Sapphire Colfire." She exclaims staunchly and I nod.

You know those really scary teachers at school that never smile and have no sense of humor? Well times that by ten and add a black suit, that's what the woman standing in front of me is like.

"your room is down the hall fourth door to the left." She says, and before I can say another word she shoes me off. I sigh and head towards the hall way that she signaled me to go through. There are nine doors on each side all are shut.

"one, two, three..." I count the doors as I go past them. I find my room and walk in. The room is boring and there are cobwebs every where. The carpet is faded brown and the walls are a grey yellow. I drop my bag on the bed and sit next to it. Things just keep getting better and better don't they.

A/N

Hey guys sorry for the wait I just haven't been feeling inspired. This is just a sort of filler chapter but I promise it will get more interesting soon. Thanks :)