Lost hope(1)

Lost hope(1)

A/N
Hey guys this is my first book on wattpad so please no haters. Thanks :)

Thunder cracks and rain pelts down turning dirt to mud and leaving any flat ground in its path flooded. I stare out the window of our ute and sigh. It is such a gloomy day today, It doesn't fit my mood. We are heading to Auckland to see my best friend Ally. She had moved from Meadow Vill two years ago and I missed her heaps, so I was over the moon when she had called me and said we could meet her at her fathers farm.
I look over at mum who looks back and smiles.
"Only twenty minutes to go Sapphy." She chirps concentrating on the road again. I lay my head back against the seat and close my eyes in an attempt to get some sleep.
I am jolted out of my peaceful rest by the car suddenly swerving to the side. I crack open my eyes to see what is going on. The car is out of control mum is trying to slow it down but it does nothing. Everything seems to be in slow motion. Mum is desperately trying to regain control of the car as we skid helplessly around the corner. Then we crash...

I look around the car which is now upside down and feel something warm running up my neck. Realizing it is blood I begin to panic. I am stuck in an upside down car with mum. Where is mum? I look to my right and see my unconscious mother being crushed by the roof of the car. I scream her name over and over but she doesn't move. I begin to feel tired and soon every thing goes black...

There is darkness all around me but I can hear muffled voices.
"She's coming around." one of the voices says. I tentatively open my eyes to see that I am in a white room. A man in a white coat is leaning over me pointing a torch into my eyes.
"Where am I? What happened?" I am shocked at how raspy and quiet my voice is.
The doctor pulls the torch away and smiles. "Hello Sapphire. You were in a car accident we had to put your arm in a cast but other than that and a few cuts and scratches you're fine. We need to know what happened when you and your mother-"
"Mum where is she?" I attempt to sit up but the Doctor holds me down.
"Sapphire you need to calm down it will only make your injuries worse." I struggle under his grip thrashing around ignoring the pain in my leg. I bring my fist up and smash it across his face. This gives me enough time to leap off the bed. I run down the white corridors of the hospital, nurses scattering to get out of my way. I am so busy trying to get out of this place I don't notice the police officer standing in my way. I run straight into him and we both topple to the ground.
"Watch where you're-" He stops realizing who I am. "Are you Sapphire Colfire?" He asks slowly. I nod my head and he helps me up.
"You might want to sit down-" he starts.
"Just tell me!" I shout bringing the attention of a few nurses.
He looks at me gravely. "It's about your mother..." He pauses, "She got the worst of the impact there was nothing the doctors could have done..." He stops and takes a deep breath, "I'm sorry Sapphire, your mother is dead."
My blood runs cold. I put my hands up to my head and slide down the wall. Tears are streaming down my pale face and it feels like my heart just stopped. I can hear a commotion going on around me as my doctor catches up. But I don't care. She's dead. My only flesh and blood I had left is gone. I have no one. These thoughts are flying through my mind faster than jet planes. I feel someone try to grab my shoulders and lift me to my feet, but I won't stand up. I can't. I have lost the feeling in my legs. They pull me up and carry me back to my room where they sit me down on my bed. The tears have stopped flowing, but I'm still motionless. I can't move, I can barely even think. One of the nurses injects me with something and I soon begin to feel tired. I then fall into a deep dreamless sleep...