CHAPTER FOUR | bird of paradise

bubblyboy

ryan woke up and his head was pounding, his mouth was dry and he was pretty sure he had throw up on his shirt. he sat up, looking down at dallon and josh who were both asleep. ryan whimpered softly, knowing that he'd slipped into headspace last night and he only wanted to go back into it.

ryan was horrible with hangovers and he didn't get them often since he hardly ever drank. he whined softly, shaking the taller awake which caused josh to whine loudly at the movement. once dallon rubbed his eyes with a sigh and sat up, ryan grinned widely and sat in his lap.

"good morning, ryan," dallon said, voice still mumbled because of the sleep. he cleared his throat and yawned, grabbing his glasses to put on. "sleep well?"

"'m feel bad," ryan's eyes watered, gripping into dallon's shirt. "dally, help."

dallon nodded, carefully moving ryan off of his lap. "how about you and josh go get a shower together and i'll grab you some water and pills and make breakfast?" he suggested.

"you gotta help an' it's gotta be the bath," ryan stated.

dallon sighed and rubbed his eyes. "i dunno how i feel about washing two grown men."

ryan frowned. that didn't make him feel any better or smaller. "please, dallon? i'll be good."

dallon nibbled his lip. he wasn't sure what the right answer was. it was odd to give two other, perfectly capable, men a bath of all things. "i can't, ryan. you and josh can take a bath, i guess." he didn't mean to come off rude or mean.. he just wasn't sure.

tears lined up in the shorter boy's eyes, only spilling over when dallon continued.

"ry– i'm sorry, i just– you're a grown man. you can do it. its just a little.. weird if i-"
then ryan lost it.

the small boy choked out a sob, his head bowed down in embarrassment for even asking. now dallon thought he was some weirdo.

"ryan- please don't cry," dallon frowned, "i didn't mean to make you upset it's just a little strange to me."

ryan shook his head with a loud whimper. dallon hurt his feelings bad, and he knew that the other probably didn't mean it at all. he was just sensitive, on the verge of going into headspace and had a terrible hangover.

the crying was loud and it woke up josh, his head hurt too but he was more concerned about his boyfriend crying and a worried dallon panicking on what to do.

"ry?" josh sat up, wrapping an arm around ryan's shoulders. he was use to being kind of a daddy, him and ryan took turns and they weren't the greatest at it, but they made it work. ryan cuddled into josh's neck, continuing to cry.

"get me that pink kitten stuffie," joshua pointed to the kitten stuffed animal which was laid on the dark hardwood floors. "and a pacifier on the dresser."

dallon nodded and quickly did as told, grabbing the two things before handing those over to josh. the small dancer put the pastel blue pacifier in ryan's mouth and gave him the stuffed animal before rubbing his back again.

"what's wrong, ryry?" josh asked with a small frown, only wanting to know what upset ryan so much. he had a few ideas, maybe ryan was hungry or sleepy, horny. maybe just feeling littler then usual and couldn't express verbally his emotions.

ryan shook his head at first, reluctant to talk, but dallon answered for him.

"i just- he wanted me to bathe him and i said no, because he's an adult and that'd be kind of weird–"

josh frowned more, pressing a kiss to ryan's head. he leaned down to whisper reassurances into his boyfriend's ear. dallon didn't catch much of it but he heard "not weird" and "it's okay" a few times when he listened closer.

"we're gonna go," josh stated softly. "get washed up and stuff. you stay here."

"josh, i'm really sorry i didn't think-"

"it's fine." josh got up, taking ryan's hand to lead him towards the bathroom. they shut the door behind them and dallon could hear a bit of whispering, then of course the water running.

he sighed softly and rubbed his eyes, guilt piling up in his chest. he stood up, wandering away to the kitchen to make breakfast.

💐🍄💐

soon the two were downstairs sitting at the table with dallon. it was awkward on dallon's side, watching as josh fed ryan some food on the fork but the other two didn't seem to notice the tension.

"something bothering you?" joshua asked softly, giggling once ryan babbled loudly to him. he wished he could slip into little space but he knew that ryan needed him right now.

the taller shook his head, pushing his glasses higher up on the bridge of his nose. "just watching."

"it's not weird," josh announced, looking over at dallon and lowering the fork. the little pouted since he was going in for a bite as soon as josh dropped it. dallon chuckled a little and looked back at josh.

the taller boy nodded slightly.

josh sighed. "i'm serious. i'll explain everything to you if you want me to." he really just wanted dallon to understand this and not think that they were a pair of creeps. who knows, maybe josh would even get dallon into the whole lifestyle of being a dom and taking care of a little. hell, maybe he'll be a little himself.

"i would love for you to explain everything to me," dallon nodded, only curious on why the two acted the way they did.

"get comfortable, this is a lot to talk about."

💐🍄💐