Chapter 15: i beg of you...

Luka POV

My paws thundered against the ground as I ran after the rabbits. The wargs were soon on our tails, snarling and growling as they scrambled after us. I kept an ear on the company at all times, monitoring their process and hiding spots. A few times I was cast a look, but it was a look of fear. They thought I was with the orcs. An angered snarl left me as I leapt round and lunged at the nearest warg.

It went down in seconds, throat torn out and blood staining my fur. I was running again in moments. I yipped with excitement as the wargs chased me, wanting revenge on their fallen pack mate. I noticed a warg scout break off from the rest of the pack, standing of top of the boulder the company was hiding behind.

'Games over'

The warg was shot down, and not one of us didn't hear the squeals of pain as the dwarves, I presumed, slaughtered the orc. The pack was instantly chasing after the now fleeing dwarves, making my blood boil.

'Blood!'

I was sprinting after them in seconds. I took down a warg that got to close, ripping its throat out before moving on after the company.

Where was Gandalf leading them?

They stopped as Gandalf disappeared, turning round to face the oncoming wargs. I looped round, moving so I was behind the company. The wargs began to surround them, coming from all sides.

"There's more coming!"kili, the pup, cried.

"Kili! Shoot them!" Thorin commanded, pulling out my bow and arrows as he began shooting too.

'Hmm. Not bad'

I took out another warg that was trying to sneak up on them, killing its Orc rider too.

"We're surrounded!" Fili, the blonde pup, shouted, sounding panicked.

I ran by, catching their attention as I lunged at a warg and it's rider.

"Look it's the-the beast from before!" One of the dwarves shouted, but I was to busy pulling off the orcs head to see who.

"Where is Gandalf?" Kili yelled, shooting a warg in the eye.

"He has abandoned us!" Dwalin growled, swinging his war hammer threateningly. Then I saw him. Yazneg. I had seen this filth the day the last of my race was killed. A snarl tore from me as Ori, the third pup, shot him with a slingshot, and he advanced. I leapt in front of the dwarf knocking him down, snarling and growling at the warg. It worked. The warg backed off. I turned and lowered my head to Ori, nudging him before bounding off again.

"Hold your ground!" Thorin shouted, pulling out his sword as he shot my last arrow. I growled, agitated as I realised I'd have to make more. I hated making arrows.

"This way, you fools!" Gandalf suddenly bellowed from behind a rock. I crashed In to a warg, giving the company more time. It felt like I'd been healed after shifting, but I wasn't sure if it was adrenalin or not.

"Come on, move! Quickly, all of you! Go, go, go!" I heard Thorin shouting, urging the company to run. I looked up to see most of the dwarves and bilbo slide In to the large crack in the rock, sliding into a cave. I watched as kili shot another. why wasn't he running? Did the pup have a death wish? I started running towards him as I saw more orcs approaching.

"Kili! Run!" Thorin roared. Kili looked up, his eyes widening as he saw my massive black form approaching at full speed. His notched an arrow and pointed it at me.

'No,no,no,no-...fuck!'

The pups arrow sank deep into my shoulder, slowing me down slightly, but not stopping me. I leapt past him, onto a riderless warg behind him, killing it as I broke its neck. Then I turned to Kili, to find him already running. But he wasn't fast enough, if he didn't speed up, he was a "gonna". I growled as I sped up, sprinting towards him. When I reached him, I picked him up by the collar like a pup and started sprinting at full speed towards Thorin. The arrow in my shoulder hurt like a bitch, but I ignored it.