That's What Friends Are For - part 3

A/N: Heyhey, I renamed the work "Temptation" to "That's What Friends Are For" because I thought about it and it makes more sense. Thanks for the support!

Since that encounter, Sal acted like Brian totally did not try to seduce his fiancé. Aside from the clever and sly remarks here and there, the three of you brushed it off. You yourself greeted Brian as you normally would, and he seemed pretty fine with it. Every thing was back to normal, to everyone else.

Sal has become dangerously possessive over you. Every time another member of the opposite sex even looked in your direction, you'd feel his grip around your hand or waist tighten. There wasn't a moment when he wasn't touching you in any way, and you weren't gonna lie, you loved the new Sal. You've never felt more loved in a relationship and you were glad that he was going to marry you.

The wedding was getting closer and closer and the two of you couldn't be happier. The sad news was, Sal was going on tour for two weeks. He wanted you to come so bad, that he booked you a flight to Canada where he would be halfway done with his tour. Partly because you wanted to see and support his performances, and partly because he didn't want to be away from you for that long.

The day came when you had to drop him off at the airport, which made you both sad. For the first time, you felt a depression creep upon you at the thought of your shared bed being empty.  Of course, Sal noticed your sadness, so he did his best to make you feel loved before he left. He kept on reminding you that he was going to be gone a week and that it could be even longer if he wouldn't have made those special arrangements for you. My goodness, could he be even better to you.

Before he boarded his flight, he made sure to give you plenty of kisses and hugs to last the week. You said your goodbyes and 'I love yous', and before you knew it, you were watching him board the plane trough the window. For the first time since you met him, you felt alone. But you also felt lucky to have him.

That night, it felt weird going to sleep. You slept on his side of bed, in one of his t-shirt weakening nothing else. The feeling of the fluffy blanket wrapped around you and your head buried in his pillow made you sleepy. But just as you were falling asleep, your phone rings loudly, making you jump. You throw the blanket off of you, picking up your phone from the night stand.

Incoming call from Brian

You furrow your brows, bummed out that it wasn't Sal. "Uh, hello? What's up?"

"Hey, sweetheart. How're you holding up? I heard about Sal going on tour for his stand up, that's pretty good for him!"

"Well, he is pretty happy about doing stand up, he absolutely loves it. And I guess I'm doing okay, I'm gonna see him in a week! Ugh, I've been missing him since I saw him board the plane."

His voice the sounded less enthusiastic, "Oh, well I'm sorry about that, kitten," there he goes with that 'kitten' again, "you know, I'm here if you wanna talk to someone."

You smiled, he was a really good friend to you, "Thanks, Brian. So, why'd you really call?"

He sighed, "Jeez woman, just wanted to talk to you. Miss you sometimes. Yknow, cause I'm your friend."

"Well, yeah, I guess that's okay. It is pretty lonely here, but I'm tired." You relax yourself, laying yourself down and throwing the blanket on you once again. Brian's voice seemed to drown out the loneliness you were currently feeling. "Sorry for being a bitch, it is nice hearing your voice." You always thought his voice was soothing.

You were on the phone with him for almost an hour talking about anything that came to mine before you started to get really tired. The phone wasn't even in your hand anymore, you put it back on the nightstand as the end of the conversation neared. Suddenly, your eyes gave out and they shut. Brian took notice after you stopped replying, smiling to himself.

He felt that this moment he shared with you was special. It made him feel less lonely than he usually was.

He whispered one last thing before hanging up, "Thank you. I love you, don't think I can live without you."

-

When you woke up, your day around the house was pretty lonely. There wasn't any cleaning to do, so you thought that today was the day that you could catch up on shows that you haven't watched yet.

Today was pretty relaxing, you haven't had this kind of day in awhile, due to you and Sal's busy schedule. You didn't even bother to change clothes that day, you wore the same t-shirt as you did last night. The smell of it really did make you wish that Sal was there with you.

After awhile, you heard your phone vibrate and ring loudly.

Incoming call from Sal❤️

You squeal internally and pick up, ecstatic that you get to talk to your husband.

"Hi!"

"Hey, sweetheart! Sorry I didn't call last night, I passed out as soon as my head hit the pillow. Been missing you all day. How've you been today?"

You smile, "It's only been a day and I'm dying. I miss you so much! I haven't changed out of your shirt since yesterday."

The two of you talked about how much you missed each other, about his shows and his meet and greets. Not even thirty minutes later, he had to hang up to do some stuff and it made you sad.

Right after you hung up with Sal, the phone in your hand vibrates once again.

Incoming FaceTime call from Brian

Ah shit, you weren't ready to show your face, but you answer it anyway. "Hey Brian, what's up?"

You were looking in the camera fixing your hair as you heard him chuckle, "Hey, sweetheart. How're you?"

"I'm okay, Brian. What do you need?"

"I just wanted to know if you were free tonight, you know, for dinner. Maybe we could go somewhere?"

You had a feeling that you know what he was trying to do, but you agree on it anyway. "Yeah, of course, what time?"

"What about six?"

You check the time on your phone, that's in a couple hours. "Yeah, I can do six. I gotta hang up so I can get ready, I'll see you then, bye!"

After you hang up, you get this feeling in your gut that Brian just wants to get to see you when Sal's not around. You're okay with that, of course, you've been taking a real liking to him lately. He was really good to you and he was an all around great person, at least to you. Though you never forgot the way he hugged you, and now that you thought about it, you wanted him to do it again. You knew that he liked you, but he wouldn't say anything to you about it. He opened up to you on the phone last night, but it wasn't enough. Maybe you could

As for Brian, he was jumping up and down when you said yes for dinner. It felt like he was in high school again, getting bubbles in your stomach over someone who probably didn't like you back. He didn't care, though. Sal was gone and he wanted to finally get you alone, even if it was just to call. Here lately, it seemed like Sal wouldn't let you leave his side. Sal's possessive behavior towards you heightened when he walked in on him trying to seduce his fiancé. I mean, who wouldn't be like that?

But he was going to savor this opportunity to get closer to you and maybe even get what he truly desires.