The man with a red parasol

The sky is clear and the sun shines bright, and basking under the sun ray is a single man with his red parasol. I moved here around 2 weeks ago and since then, everyday, at this hour, always under the same tree, the man would stand there whilst holding that red parasol. I never saw his face, since it was covered by the parasol, but his posture gave me somewhat a nostalgic feeling. That is a stance of a man who loses the light and giving up. Somehow, i was entrance by him.

“Hey! Wacth out!!" I thought I heard a shout before everything turns pitch black.

When i woke up, i was in a quite peculiar room. It was bright in color and smells like antiseptic. It kind of reminds me of the school's infirmary. “oh, you're up.. How's your head?" Ask an unfamiliar voice. “spinning.. Where am i?" A man in white approach with a glass of water. “here.. My clinic. You got hit by a ball and past out. I took you took my clinic since it was near and to make sure that you're ok."

“oh.. Gee.. Thanks." I said, handing back the glass to him. “are you new in town?" I nod. “yeah, i just move here about to weeks ago. How do tell?"

“you know, small town.. The only clinic around. I know almost everybody." He smiles. “you know, you can sleep some more if you want." I was about to accept his proposal when i saw the time. “Oh dear.. I would love to, but i gotta run. Thank you doctor.." I bid him goodbye and ran off the clinic. I was on the rush, i almost didn't hear him said, “Goodbye, Lily.."

It has been a week since that incident and since last i saw that mysterious man with red parasol. I wonder when will i see him again? Suddenly, somebody ran me over and when i realize i was on my arse and my stuffs are all over the walkway. “shit!" I curse under my breath. I can hear a song playing nearby. A music video of the curent hot band is playing on the big screen. “No wonder.. Its your fault is it? How long will you keep taunt me, giving me bad luck?"i mumble under my breath. “What are you smilling at?" I yell at the close up of the band's vocalist.

There are around 20 people on the streets but no one offers a hand. It kind of makes you want to curse your life. “You know, if you keep making that scary face, no one will dare to help.." I turn to the estrange familiar voice. “You.." I yelp. He laugh at my reaction.

“I'm glad that you still remember me." Said the young doctor as he help me with my stuff. “You know.. We got to stop meeting like this." He added. “I agreed." I said as he helps me to get up. “Wanna grab some coffee?" He asks and I answer with a yes.

“Sorry that you have to had coffee at our clinic." Said the doctor as he served me with a hot mug of black coffee. “I don't I mind.." “I promise, next time I'll take you to a proper cafe." He said. “Oh yeah, Lily.. You left this last time." He hands me a classical novel. “Oh my god! Thank you. I thought I lost it.. Wait, did you just call my name?"

“It was written on the book cover." He answered and I laugh at my idiocy. “Right.. Hey, this is unfair. You already knows my name but i still don't know yours.." Quickly, he cleared his throat and sit up straight. “Hi, I'm Micheal Bennet. 29 years old. Profession, a medical doctor." He held out his hand. He looks so serious, I couldn'tt help but laugh. “Hi, I'm Lily Stargazer. 21 years old, a student." I shake his hand.

Michael is such a nice guy. He is funny and quite awkward at times. Talking to him makes me laugh; something that I haven't done for quite awhile now.

“Thank you for having me.."  “No, thank you. Its nice to have someone to talk to othwer than a patient. You know, working as a doctor is kind of lonely. Do come again when you have time." He said and I agree to do so. I was about to leave when my eyes caught something. It couldn't be.. “You are the man with red parasol..”