Frozen Hearts (Haku X Reader Part 1)

Y/N = Your Name 

H/C = Hair Color 

E/C = Eye Color 

"A person becomes truly strong when they have someone important to protect."

 Haku's words made further sense to her when she vocalized them into the crisp and chilly air of the Mist's Forest. The h/c girl wandered the forest while reflecting on the conversation between her and the Yuki last night before they were both scolded for staying up so late by Zabuza. Many who encountered Haku believed he was either heartless or a girl or both, but you saw the other side of him last night. While she was there with him, he was kind and gentle to her, something she'd never seen from him. He was always so silent though obedient while Zabuza was around but once he had left or fell asleep the Yuki's softer side appeared furthermore the two would talk for hours under the stars. She knew Haku had an interest for both herbology and human physiology which he liked to learn about in his past times and would commonly bring up both subjects in a conversation. Y/N was slightly familiar with Haku's sad past until he had met Zabuza, yet his still never spoke about it even though Zabuza had only touched on the subject. She could keenly see there was a father-son relationship between the two. If only Zabuza would pull the wool from his eyes and see the- "Y/N... You're lost in thought again..." A rough voice interrupted her train of thought as she looked up to see both Haku and Zabuza staring at her. "O-oh... I'm sorry. Are we setting out on another mission?" The tall man nodded as he looked down at the girl then turned around and headed back into the forest. Haku smiled brightly at her before also turning around and following behind Zabuza. She smiled ever so slightly before it faded and she followed behind to two males towards their next destination. Something about her could tell Haku was uneasy, but with their tall partner around she wasn't able to ask him regarding it. The dark-haired male felt her observing him as he looked back at her and gave her a small smile which meant they'd talk about it later on. She watched him turn his head back forward as they continued to walk onward towards the land of mist ninja who had made his way on the to kill list by those of the blood mist who assassinated those who spoke too much or those who caused too much opposition to people like Zabuza. She acknowledged she was the spare in case something happened to Haku during the mission which was highly unlikely though they still couldn't risk the chance of the odds being against them. The knew they had to be careful though since Zabuza did become bedridden after a fight with a shinobi from the mist and much to Haku's protest he still went on the mission with them anyways. Snapping back out of thoughts, she realized they had reached their destination as they stood outside of a makeshift house with sketchy men on the outside. She knew instantly this wasn't going to turn out well and she could tell that Haku was thinking the same thing. Zabuza's voice broke the silence amongst the three as he held his executioner's blade firmly in hand. "Get this done quickly you two before reinforcements get here... We don't need to draw attention to ourselves..." Both herself and Haku nodded before unsheathing their weapons furthermore both went to fight.

~Time skip~

The mission had gone successfully, at least in Zabuza's eyes since he had made a profit from the now-dead politician. Haku seemed to be quite distant though since he was the one who had to end the man. She knew he tried the best he possibly could not to kill people, but if Zabuza demanded it then he had to follow through, she knew this too. Once Zabuza had fallen asleep Haku turned his attention to her as he sat beside her while they watched the fire. He looked over at her silently admiring her lovely e/c eyes before he spoke in a softer tone. "Y/n, I wanted to talk to you about something... Something important." She nodded with a sympathetic look. "Of course Haku... What do you want to talk about..?" He looked down for a moment going silent before speaking out again in a lower and more serious tone.

"I wanted to tell you about my past..."