~Always~ Itachi X Reader (With Social Anxiety)

Writer's Note: I've added you into my clan, which is known as the Lafitte's of Valencia. In this story, in particular, you are the black sheep from our lineage, frequently known as the child of light—a master with the blade and of observation. You're gifted with the Gears of the Lafitte, A doujutsu that is quite powerful but not as powerful as the Mangekyo Sharingan. If you don't really like this idea, feel free to comment on it. But for now, I do hope you enjoy the story.

Y/N- Your Name

N/N- Nickname

H/C- Hair Color

E/C- Eye Color

Some say that a panic attack feels like you're dying, others would say that's an overdramatic statement. Of course, for Y/N Lafitte, that way of expressing a panic attack was an understatement. Growing up with high expectations had given her terrible anxiety to either disappoint or annoy someone. She hated public meetings when she's forced to provide a statement about an issue or subject since it always ended with her in a panic or someone else taking over. Even now, as an Akatsuki Member, she still had to speak up during meetings about the Jinkuriki missions though it was typically just "yes" and "no" answers. Although she was blissfully unaware, she had to speak for her team this time during the meeting discussing the remaining Jinkuriki's. She stood amongst the finger of the ten tails statue which Sasori previously had attained before his inevitable death. With her were Kisame and Itachi, standing silently as the rainbowed silhouettes of the other members presently appeared to attend the meeting. She made no eye contact with the other members as she looked down towards the ground below her and became lost in thoughts as Pain-Sama spoke. A few moments she looked back up, only two see all eyes on her, which triggered a wave of heat and slight panic to wash over her entire body like a raging fire as she wondered why they were all staring at her. The familiar voice of their leader rings out like church bells in the silence as he repeated himself. "Y/N, How is the progress on the 9-tails of the leaf going..?" She stared at him for a moment as she searched for the words which seemed to scramble away from her while the seconds ticked on. Sweat began to form on her brow as she started to panic; she couldn't put thought to words with this state! Before she broke into tears, Kisame spoke up for her before anything else could happen, giving the full report to the leader before they moved onto the other members. She had left the chamber as soon as they had finished their report. She knew Leader-Sama was going to speak to her again about this issue, but right now, she had to clear her head. She hated her inability to speak in front of people even though they were her colleges. She didn't need to trust them; she just had to be able to interact with them through a third of them were somewhat illogical. As she continued to walk through the corridors until she noticed a crimson glow in her peripheral vision. She glanced in that direction only to see there wasn't anything there even though she was still quite suspicious. Perhaps something had reflected off of her or another object. She shook her head gently to refocus as she proceeded down the hallway while her footsteps echoed softly on the cobblestone ground. As the girl got to her room, she closed the door behind her and sat on her bed while gently massaging her temples only to enter soon a trance of thoughts and memories which seemed to reverberate around her like heavy metal. Then the trance had stopped as someone knocked on her door. She looked up at it with curiosity, her first thought was Pain-Sama had come to check up on her, but as she opened the door, she was surprised to be met with onyx eyes rather than amethyst ringed eyes. "I-Itachi..?" She took a step back to maintain that personal bubble she held so precious to her as his orbs seemed to follow her every movement. "You're stuttering Y/N again. Did you have another panic attack again..?" The raven-haired man inquired as he took a small step towards her, and her expression changed as it now showed a bit of nervousness as he approached her, and he caught on. "I get it now; you have social anxiety, a condition which prevents you from speaking up or getting to close to people. I understand it now." The h/c girl stared at him with astonishment. He was the first person to realize it wasn't something someone could just get over, especially her. He took another step towards her as he spoke again in a softer tone. "Believe me n/n, I know how hard it is with expectations around every corner to be perfect and always to be strong, but I do want you to know the truth." He took one more step towards her until he was only a few feet away from her. Her heart started beating like a drum as her face heated up, and she then realized just how special every moment with him they had spent together since they were kids was. "You never have to be afraid of anything Y/N; I will always be here for you no matter what the circumstance.." Her e/c orbs widened as she spoke in a lighthearted tone while her eyes filled with tears. "Itachi Uchinchilla ... After all this time..?" He chuckled as he spoke again while a smile was appearing amongst his face.

"Always..."

With that, the Uchiha began to lean in towards her as she soon followed unison.