Chapter 10 Another time machine?

"It's here!" said Kami, "I can feel that energy!"

Meanwhile...

"Um, Trunks, in the future, you say your future was really devastated, because those two Androids."
Chi voiced.

"Yes, the world's population has been reduced to several tens of thousands." Trunks confirmed. "Most of Metro West lies in a state of ruin. Somehow, we managed to survive by hiding in secret underground bases."

"That bad?"Ji blinked. "I sure hope we can find some weakness in the Androids."

"Yeah." Trunks agreed. "There was this time, the two Androids went against Dr. Gero. But he was so far in the corner by then, he had no choice but to use them. In the end, he was killed by them. However, Dr. Gero must have determined how dangerous they were, using progressively riskier tests. I think he might have had some kind of device to shut them down in an emergency. If he hadn't, do you think he would have reactivated them?

"Of course, that must be it." Ji beamed.

"Well?" Bulma prodded. "Let me know what you think, seeing your mom all young like this."

"It's just... Mom, you don't really change that much." Trunks flushed.

"I don't change?" Bulma blinked. "That means that I'll keep my beauty for decades to come. I hope no one blames me for it."

"More to the point," Trunks stated. "Please take at this." he opened the capsule that held his time machine and released it beside the aged time machine. "This is the time machine we came in, and had reduced to a capsule." he state.

"Gee, then there's no way this older one could be yours." Bulma noted.

"Not exactly." Trunks corrected. "You only built one time machine in the future. This is also the very same time machine we used to come back in."

"No way." Bulma gasped.

"Look at this." Trunks removed the moss on the older machine's leg.

"'Hope'." Bulma blinked at the word.

"Yeah, these are the letters you wrote here when we took off." Trunks noted. "Naturally, they appear on the other time machine as well."

"But how can that be?" Bulma wondered. "It looks like this one has been here for quite a while."

(Soundtrack Grim Reaper - see you in hell)

Flying up, both Trunks and Chi was stunned to see the cover was melted off.

"Hm?" Chi blinked. "This hole is strange. It's like the glass melted from the intense heat. But this hole is made from the inside."

"So what?" Bulma inquired. "Was anyone inside this one?"

"In any event, let's open this up." Trunks stated. "Excuse me." and opened the hatch. He then jumped into the cockpit, finding two shells, one on the driver's seat, "There's one here too." he spotted the other beside the control panel.

"What's that you've got?" Chi blinked. "It doesn't appear to be a coconut."

"What?" Bulma reached out. "Say, give us a look."

"Here." Chi handed the shells over.

Taking the two shells, she placed them together.

"No doubt about it" Ji concluded. "This is some kind of eggshell."

"Eggshell?" Chi echoed. "If that's an egg, I've never seen another egg like it."

"Trunks?" Ami blinked, sensing his change in demeanor.

"Do you suppose that whatever made that hole hatched from the egg?" Chi wondered.

Trunks leapt into the cockpit and looked down at the energy detector, "The energy reserves are almost one zero. It came here from... Age 7...? That's three years later than the time we left." he gasped. "Three more years into the future. It arrived in this era..."

"This arrived here fully a year before we appeared the first time." Trunks ranted. "What could have come back in here, and for what purpose? Could this be the reason history has changed so drastically"