Chapter Three

Chapter Three

Holding a trash bag in one hand I grab handfuls of garbage, beer cans, red cups, cigarettes and God knows what else. I shove it all into the black bag which is nearly full and we’re only in the living room.

“This is going to take forever.” I say, leaning against the back of the couch.

“Agreed.” Christy says with a sigh, plopping down onto the couch.

“Why do I have parties again?” Christy asks, closing her eyes.

“Because you like to get drunk and have sex?”

“Oh ya, right, right.” Christy says this like she really did forget.

I roll my eyes at that.

“Come on lets finish.” I say. It takes forty-five minutes to clean both floors. I’ve picked up about a hundred red cups, a hundred and fifty beer cans and bottles, twenty cigarette buds, and two used condoms. Ugh. Can’t people clean up after themselves?

Christy ties off the last garbage bag and moves it next to the door with the others. I stand with my hands on my hips surveying the place. Good as new.

“Thank you so much Becca, this would have taken me hours to do by myself!” Christy gushes, grabbing me in a hug.

“No problem I’m always happy to help someone clean up their apartments.” I joke.

Christy laughs. “Now that that’s over, let’s go shopping!”

I roll my eyes. Christy loves nothing better than to shop. “I can’t, I’m grounded, remember?”

“Ugh, you’re not actually going to do that, are you?” Christy frowns at me like I’m a crime against nature.