Chapter Two

A/N: School starts on Monday so I might not be able to update frequently. I'm going to try though. :)

Chapter Two

I’m awoken by sunlight sneaking through cracked blinds. I squeeze my eyes shut against the offending light and roll away. A pounding starts in my head and I groan. This is why I never drink. I curl my knees towards my chest as the memories of the night before come crashing down on me. Why would Will reject me?

I sit up, tugging my dress back into place as I do so. I see my clutch lying next to me and I open it. I check my cell phone and see six texts.

Christy 10:47 pm - “Where are you?”

Christy 10:58 pm - “Why’d you run off?”

Christy 11:01 am - “Fine, just text me in the morning.”

Aunt Sarah 12:18 am - “Where are you? You said you would be home by midnight.”

The final two are from Aunt Sarah. The latest one was nine am saying that when I got home I’d be in so much trouble. I check the time. Eleven am, great.

I type out a quick text to Aunt Sarah, “Sorry, I’m fine, I’ll explain when I get home.” I get an immediate response. “You better.”

Next I type one out to Christy, “Hey, sorry I didn’t respond. I passed out in your room. I’ll help clean later if my aunt doesn’t kill me.” I hit send tucking the phone in my purse. I grab my car keys and head to my car. I have to wiggle around half nude bodies that have passed out on the floor to get to my car.

I’m happy to see that my car hasn’t been blocked, but I did park a few houses down. I climb in, tossing my clutch into the passenger seat. I take a minute to check my appearance in the rearview mirror. I quickly comb my hair and tie it up into a high ponytail. I wipe off what’s left of my lip stick and clean the smudged mascara and eye shadow away from my eyes. Better.

Feeling satisfied that Aunt Sarah won’t freak out when she sees me, I start the car and head home. Christy’s house is approximately fifteen minutes away from my house. Christy’s house being a short five minute drive from campus. Her parents happily paid for a two bed, two bath apartment for her to live in while she’s getting her degree. If only my mom would do that.

I pull into the driveway and I can see Aunt Sarah pacing in front of the window. Great. I throw it into park and grab my things. Better to face it now than later.

I barely walk in the front door before Aunt Sarah bombards me.

“Where the hell where you?”

“I was out with Christy. I told you. I went to her party. I lost track of time and I fell asleep on her bed.” I say. I hope she won’t see through that.

“Were you drunk?” Damn it.

“I was more or less above the level of not being intoxicated.”

“Yes or no.” I can hear the venom in her voice. If I didn’t know Mom and Aunt Sarah were four years apart I would have thought they were the same person.

“Yes.” I sigh. Normal college girls could get drunk and not have a care in the world. I have to deal with my Aunt. I might as well still be living with my mom.

Aunt Sarah closes her eyes and rubs her forehead.

“What am I going to do with you?” I stare at her. She says this like I’ve done this every weekend for the past two years. How dare she act like I’m a drunk!

“What are you saying? This is the first time I’ve done this! I’ve only drank four times in my life!” I can tell I said the wrong thing when her eyes start to pop out of her head. I watch as she opens her mouth to rip me a new one.

“So I’m grounded.” It’s been three hours since I came home and Emma is plopped down on my bed.

“What? Why would she ground you? You were drunk, ya, but you were like a hundred times more tame than normal college girls. Why would she be grounding you for that?” For only being fifteen she does understand both points of view pretty well.

“I know. For the next month I can only go to and from classes.”

We’re both silent for a minute before Emma asks.

“Did you see Will at the party?” Emma says it quietly, like if she says it too loudly she’ll spook me and I won’t tell her.

“Ya. I was totally drunk by then, but he was kissing Christy.” Over the last week Christy and I had gotten really close. I agreed to tutor her in math- a week of school and she already needs a tutor –and over that we became friends. Once you get past the “I’m so beautiful look at me” exterior, she’s really nice.

“She never told you that she knows Will?” Emily gasps. Boy does this girl love gossip.

“No, she never mentioned it. When I noticed it was him Christy had pulled away and asked us if we knew each other. He denied that he knew me.”

“No way!” Emily gasps.

“Yeah, I so want to get him back for that.” I say. He loved me two years ago and now he acts like he doesn’t know me?

“Why don’t you?”

“How could I get him back though? I don’t want to talk to him after that.”

“You don’t have to talk to him, Becca, make him come to you.” Emma has this evil grin on her face.

“Make him jealous.”