WattPad Clichés and How To Fix Them

• Dedicated to All WattPad Writers

WattPad Clichés and How To Fix Them

I'm on vacation and I decided to put this up! I went to Greece and I'm in Holland :) I get back Monday though :(

1) What I call 'Messaging Speak'

OMG and LOL and :) and GTG / G2G and CUZ and all that short-form texting/MSN stuff.

They don't belong in stories. Stories are using real words. Do you say 'BRB' to your friends in real life? (I admit sometimes I say 'Lawl' as in 'L-O-L' but not commonly. And I don't think ':)' I think 'I'm happy' or whatever.) No one things like 'OMG! Did you see what she did after Sasha GTG? Cuz it looked amazing!'

Do you? If you do, call a shrink (Nah, I'm joking. Just saying most people don't think like that...)

2) Titles

Titles that tell you the entire story aren't very interesting. For example; "OMG! I Moved to A New School and the Hot Bad-Boy Claims He's my Mate!!" Hm... I wonder what happens in this story? Will she move schools and discover her mates the 'Hot Bad-Boy'? Duh! It's possible to use some mysterious title that actually MAKES you want to read it. Also avoid titles with '?' in it, it sounds odd. Try giving off a hint to what your stories about, not the entire thing.

Example: "New School. New Life. New Surprises." (Not really that good, but I'm not a decent title-maker myself, I'm just stating what I hate and what catches me.)

2) Out-cast / Nerd Girl and the Hot / Man-Whore Guy

If I read another one of there loaner-girls who think they're ugly then some man-whore falls involve, I'm going to pull my hair out! (And we wouldn't want bald people walking around, do we?) WE GET IT! A girl can fall involve with a change-man-whore! How many stories like this am I required to read?

One thing I'd kill for though, is a girl (slut or whore) and a shy-nerd guy falling involve! (Whoever reads this has permission (if they at least mention me?) to write about that, since I'm not up to writing it but I'd kill to read it... I'd KILL... jokes.)

Anyways, ENOUGH OF THESE STORIES!

3) Spelling/Grammar Errors

I am going to go over spelling with you, because this is getting annoying.

And is spelled "A-N-D" not "A-D" that pisses me off. How many times have I seen "I grabbed my cellphone ad my purse..." or whatever. Is an "N" so hard? A couple times is okay, but I see this CONSTANTLY.

-------

Their and There

"That's their car!" "The cars over there"

Get it?

Their is possessive, meaning it belongs to more then one person.

There is more of a place. 'Look over there.' 'Look over at the bird.' It's a place-holder for a location.

-------

'Hello, Im ArtyGirl. This works about cliché's on WattPad!'

Is it really too hard to put the ' where it belongs?

'Hello, I am ArtyGirl. This work is about clichés on WattPad!'

Equals

'Hello, I'm ArtyGirl. This work's about clichés on WattPad!'

-------

Commas.

Oh, Commas.

How I love Commas!

When you're listing something commas are used.

'I grabbed my cellphone, camera, wallet, and purse and rushed outside of the house.'

Or when you have a long sentence and need to separate the two main parts of the sentence.

'He leaned in for a kiss, and I stayed frozen in shock. As he pressed his lips to mine, I couldn't help but respond.'

REMEMBER:

After a comma, you need a space!

'I grabbed my cellphone,camera,wallet,and purse..'

looks extremely messy, doesn't it? And un-organized!

------

Where and Were

'Where is it?' 'We were over there.'

Where is used as a question word, usually when looking for something, or asking where something is located.

Were is the past tense of and 'are' and the plural word of the past-tense version of am 'was.'

Are:

'We are there.'

'We were there.'

Was:

'I was there.'

'We were there.'

4) Hate-Love Stories

This is annoying. How many times do WattPad readers have to read about a girl and guy hating each other, and then they end up falling involve. They're basically going;

"I hate you."

"I hate you, too. Here's chocolate!"

"Aww I love you."

"I love you, too."

*Make out session*

I get it! They hated each other! Now they love each other! You can't base an entire story over this! And I don't get why the fan-girls love the bad-boy jerk-ass-face! While there's a perfectly sweet guy somewhere else in this story...

5) Werewolf-Mates

Girl meets guy. Guy's a werewolf. Werewolf says they're mates. Mates fall involve. Awww...... How.. touching? NOT! It's freaking boring! Enough of listening to these pedophile 18 year-old werewolves and the 16 year-old girls! (Well, that's the most common age, but the werewolves always older!)

There are some can be non-clichéd and actually have a plot, but most are just repetitive with some person kid-napping them as the major part in the story. *Falls asleep in the middle of the book*

6) Arranged Marriages

Oh.

My.

Crapping.

God.

No! IT'S ALWAYS THE SAME THING! THEY HATE EACH OTHER THEN THEY FALL INLOVE AND THE GUY ACTUALLY PROPOSES TO HER AND THEY LIVE HAPPILY EVER FUCKING AFTER!

No.

Just no.

That's it.

No more in this part.

Just me yelling :)

7) The Man Whore's Ex-Slut-Bitch

Look at it from they're perspective. They actually think they're a couple, then the guy just leaves her with the flick of a hand for some shy-bitch. Like when you see the hot-jerk-man-whore cheating on a girl, you want to kill the girl - RIGHT!? So obviously, the slut would also. Duh! They usually take it from the wrong way, but they still have brains and et cecra!

Extra Tid-Bits

- The girl is always younger then the guy. Is the guy required to be a sexy-older guy? What's wrong with the same age? Or a year younger?

- This always takes place in school? High-school or College? Life isn't just in school...

8) People Without Personalities or Bi-Polar

Half the time, peoples personalities differ and never say the same. Like the Man-Whore will be a jerk, then sweet. It makes no sense. And then the main characters are sometimes relaxed, the other time high-strung.

Is everyone Bi-Polar on WattPad?

I understand I got kind of ... High-strung close to the ending, and judgmental. But take into consideration what I said!

What's wrong with a good-plot, people with personalities and grammar?