THAT I WOULD BE GOOD

By: Somethingtrue

183,855 reads

4,988 votes

Status: COMPLETED

"I'm not okay!" I yelled at him. "Okay?! I'm not okay." My chest rose up and down as I breathed heavily. It had been years since I had a break down, and I wasn't going to have one right now.

"It's okay not to be okay," he whispered, walking closer to me. He caressed my cheek, trying to sooth me. 

I stared at him, pain filled my eyes. I was trying hard not to cry. I couldn't cry. That's not what I did. 

"It's okay to cry," he comforted. His eyes stared so hard into mine I felt like he was seeing into my soul.

"Crying shows weakness, and I'm not weak," I told him, swallowing hard.

"Sometimes crying is the strongest thing you can do. It just shows everyone else that you're just as human as they are."

And right then and there I started sobbing. I had lost all control of my emotions, I cried like I hadn't since I was little. All those times I didn't cry when I wanted to poured out now. The walls I spent so long building to make them unbreakable, broke. 

     Alana  finds a thick orange envelope in her mailbox one day. No return address, no stamp or postage mark and it's not even addressed to her. Someone had just dropped the letter off in her mailbox.  The only thing written on this envelope is "You might need this... or not." Alana takes it inside and begins to read the life story of a complete stranger. The life story of someone trying to find their place in this big scary world.