Complications

"What do you mean by that?" Her mum asked.
"Exactly what I said mum. Me being in school and trying to build a restaurant is taking a turn on my health. So now I'm starting make decisions for myself" Layla said taking a sip of her tea. "Can you listen to nonsense coming out of your mouth?!! What do u mean by you wanna start making your own decisions? Your only nineteen. I don't  know what nonsense is going through your head but you can't make stupid choices like this anymore, not under my roof." Her Mum yelled. "Then it's simple. I'll move out."
It had been shocking knowing Layla's decision.  Her Dad lost focus on the things he did because he kept thinking about what Layla said. Jaylen seemed frustrated and stressed.

Jaylen's room
"Jay you wanna go shopping later today?"
"Oh you want me to join you to shop for your new apartment huh?
"No I'm not moving in there till next week"
"Wow good for you sis I know you'll totally miss us cause you didn't waste time to find an apartment as soon as you could without consulting family"
"Your still mad huh"
"Is that even a question? You win money now you wanna leave as soon as you can so yeah, I am mad"
"You think this is easy for me?!! It's a decision I was gonna have to make eventually so why not right now? Jay I'm leaving my family, I'm leaving you, Dad —hell i'm leaving mum. You think that's easy?"
"I'm sorry but I can't imagine coming back from school without you hitting me in the head and telling me how my outfit—sucks!. You always ignore me and call me names. I'm gonna miss all of that. I knew you would move out eventually but not so soon."
"I'm so sorry it had to be like this. I'm sorry my decisions are hurting you Jaylen. I love you guys very much but things are gonna start changing."
"Yeah I understand it's just gonna take a while for me I get use to it all."

Living room
"What have you been telling her for her to start making those decisions?"
"Maybe as her mum if you payed more attention to her, she wouldn't be this way"
"Oh now your blaming me?!!"
"I'm not blaming anyone I'm just saying we shouldn't be blaming each other. She's old enough to make her own decisions now."
"Just listen to he words coming out of your mouth Franklin? She's too young to be saying things like that. Not only that but you send her to some stupid competition and now it's all in her head."
"Really. Your the one who works all the time and don't pay attention to your daughter. She went for the competition because she wanted to. Maybe if you actually try to learn more about the things she liked instead of always forcing her to do other things then you would know her more. She's actually an incredible girl. She makes smart choices and cares for people around her. Layla is intelligent and always does the right thing. Maybe the decisions she's making right now aren't the right ones but when she realizes that, she will snap back and try again because that's who my daughter is. You wouldn't know this cause you spend more time looking at the wrong side of her instead of her."
".......umm.... I need some water" Layla's mum said heading to the kitchen.

Abigail's house
"So your friend wants to drop out huh?" Abigail's mum blurted.
"Mum it's a bad decision for a good cause. I trust Layla and she'll succeed."
"I don't want to hear your excuses or her excuses. Dropping out is for lazy people and I don't want you getting lazy like her, so stay away from her."
"Mum are you serious? We've known each other for the longest time"
"And as times are changing she seems to be changing too and I don't want her to influence you."
"Your telling me to drop my best friend because you don't like her anymore?"
"Not exactly how I would put it but that works"
"Mum you use to bake us cupcakes for our soccer games. You bought me and Layla matching cloths. You packed extra lunch for me so I could give the other one to her. Now your talking about things changing? Honestly the only thing that seems to be changing is you Mum" Abigail said as she walked out the door.

At school
"Hey Layla"
"Oh—Hi Andrew. How have you been?"
"Good, you?"
"Hanging in there"
"So your dropping out?"
"Wow! News flys around quickly doesn't it?"
"Haha it sure does"
"Yes I am dropping out because I have other stuff to deal with and I chose to take that step and make that decision"
"Yeah I understand. I hope everything works out for you and don't forget to ask me if you need help"
"I do need help actually. I'm moving out next week and I'm inviting some of my friends to help me buy stuff for my new apartment. Like group shopping hang out"
"I'm down. Just call me whenever"
"Ok I will"

Lunch time
"Abigail where have you been?"
"Sorry Layla, I had to talk with the teacher about something."
"It's alright"
"So Layla, who are you inviting to the group shopping? Me first of course."
"I'm inviting you,  Andrew,  Nalin and Kim."
"Wait, wait, wait—you and Andrew, Nalin and her boyfriend Kim then me and ....."
"Me and Andrew are just friends"
"Layla's please spare me the lies right now hun"
"Whatever!! I could ask Jaylen so you two can talk about video games."
"NO!! I can't stand your brother"
"Damn girl, calm down I won't ask Jaylen to join then"
"Thank you, I love you"
"No you don't"
"No I don't you know me too well"
"Abigail Gillete!!!! What did I tell you this morning?" Abigail's Mum yelled from across the cafeteria walking to their table.
"Mum? What are you doing here?"
"Checking if my daughter is hanging out with drop outs"
"Mum are you serious!!! Your doing this right now in front of everyone?"
"Get your stuff we're going home right now"
"Ma'am it's alright I'll leave, so would please not yell anymore." Layla said suddenly.
"Layla—stay out of this" Abigail said cutting Layla off.
"Mum you need to leave really right now"
"What did you say?"
"Mum you really need to leave, because I don't know what's gotten into you, but you need to go because I'm not walking out of this school with you because I'm very disappointed" Abigail said in anger.