Chapter Ten

Chapter Ten:

Paisley's POV:

What is that annoying sound?

"Turn it off.." I grumbled and tucked my head into the side of Dallas. Yes, I remember where I was sleeping and no I'm not one of those girls that magically forgets that I have a man sleeping next to me.

All I hear is a groan in reply before the beeping stops followed by Hayden's cries. I sit up on the bed and scoop Hayden from Dallas' chest and rock him back and forth. Cooing to the one year old, I stand up from bed and walk around in circles calming Hayden down. Last night, he only woke up once which is different than his usual three times. I turned around to Dallas who was still laying in bed with the covers over his head. Once Hayden was calmed, I whispered in his ear,"Go wake, Daddy."

I set Hayden on the bed with Dallas and he started jumping around trying to wake the man up. I laughed and laughed at the sight before joining Hayden and bouncing about on my knees so Hayden didn't loose balance.

However before Hayden and I knew it, Dallas tackled us on to the bed and we all broke out into more fits of laughter.

"Daddy, my turn!" Hayden screamed as he sat up, I was leaning back against Dallas' chest as Hayden tried to tackle us back which we complied with falling back with Hayden on our stomachs. At that moment I realised something, we all looked like a happy family as we all laughed with each other and Dallas brushed the hair out of Hayden's face.

After all of the fun and games, I stood up to go make everyone breakfast. "Mommy's got to make breakfast. What does everyone want?" I asked picking Hayden up from the bed as Dallas got up to get ready.

"Pancakes!" Both of the boys screamed at the same time. I nodded y head before bounding down the stairs with Hayden on my hip.

~*~*~*~

"Mommy is pretty!" Hayden said as he twirled a price of my hair around his fingers. I smiled graciously at my little boy and kissed his head.

"And you are a handsome boy, Hayden." I complimented as I cleaned up the plates from breakfast. Dallas had to rush out of the house this morning to make it to a board meeting on time since we all spent a little extra time in bed this morning. As soon as I finished cleaning up there was a knock at the door. I set Hayden down in from of his toys before hurrying to the door.

"Tatum, what are you doing here?" I was confused, I didn't remember Dallas saying anything that Tatum was stopping by.

"I was wondering if you and Hayden would like to walk around town with me today, maybe go in a few shops?" He offered and I ran a hand through my hair. I had nothing better to do today and besides I needed to look for a job.

"Yeah, I just need to take a shower and get ready, if you don't mind. Hayden is in the living room with his toys." I agreed with a small smile and let him in. After making sure Hayden was fine with Tatum, I ran up the steps to take a shower and dress in maroon colored skinny jeans and a white lace shirt with a tank top underneath. Once I was ready, I pulls out my cellphone to call Dallas. If he knew about this why didn't he tell me?

"Hello?" I heard from the other line.

"Hey Dallas! Sorry to bother you, but Tatum showed up-" I was cut off my Dallas saying,"He what? He is there right now?"

"If you would've let me finish, Tatum is here at he moment and he wants me and Hayden to go to town and shopping with him, did you know he was coming?" I asked tucking a loose price of hair behind my ear.

"No, I didn't! Are you going to go with him?"

"Why not, I mean, Hayden and I have nothing better to do all day. You trust Tatum so it doesn't seem like a bad idea." I answered as I packed a bag for Hayden, Thank goodness Dallas changed Hayden from his pyjamas before he left.

"Fine, but when you are done, stop my the office and I'll drive you guys home, okay love?" He complied. What the heck was with the 'love'? "Call me throughout the day alright, I'll see if I can meet you all for lunch or something. Bye, Paisley." Dallas ended and I placed my phone in my pocket. I grabbed my purse and ran down the stairs to meet Hayden and Tatum.

"You look wonderful as ever, Paisley." Tatum complimented and I smiled gratefully at him before placing Hayden into the car seat and buckling him in before placing the car seat in the stroller so he was facing me.

"We are ready to go, Tatum." I smiled at him as he grabbed the diaper bag and I took it from the gentleman and placed it in the stroller.

"Mommy! Where daddy?" Hayden asked as we walked beside Tatum down the sidewalk to town.

"Daddy is at work, but he said he might be able to meet up for lunch, if that's alright with Tatum." I looked over at Tatum questionably, I forgot to ask him if he minded that Dallas come to lunch wit us after shopping.

"No I don't mind at all, we are by his office by the time we've passed all the shops." Tatum agreed and Hayden clapped. Once we finally made it into downtown I felt Tatum place his hand on my lower back and he started moving his thumb in a circular motion. What the heck is he doing? I tried to walk faster so maybe he'd drop his hand, but he never did and it was quite uncomfortable.

"What shop first, Tatum?" I asked the man beside me as all the different stores lined the street.

"How about a toy store." He suggested and we walked into one of the biggest ones I've been to in my life. I unbuckled Hayden from the car seat so he could look around and picked him up as Tatum suggested he push the stroller.

"Truck, Mommy!" Hayden exclaimed pointing to the red fire truck that lit up and talked.

"Wow, that looks like fun!" I smiled picking the toy up and found the fire truck to be squishy with a face on the front.

"Want Mommy to get it?" I asked my one year old who had stars in his eyes as he looked around at all the amazing toys.

"Yes!" He screamed and I shushed him.

"Here I'll buy it for him." Tatum said and before I could refuse he handed the money over to the cashier.

"You didn't have to." I reasoned and added,"here take my money."

Tatum chuckled and shook his head,"I wouldn't of paid for it if I wanted your money in return." I couldn't help, but smile up at him and kissed him on the cheek.

"Thanks Tatum! Hayden tell Tatum thank you for buying that truck for you." I instructed my son. Kissing Tatum's cheek wasn't the same as kissing Dallas' because with Dallas' it made me want to turn my head a little a plant a kiss on his lips which made me blush just thinking about it. However I wasn't ready for that yet and neither was Hayden.

"Thank you!" Hayden thanked with a grin as we walked out of the store and on to the next one.

"It's no problem, buddy!" Tatum regarded and kissed his head.

For some reason I couldn't wait until lunch rolled around to see Dallas.

~*~*~*~*~

Can you believe it? One thousand reads!?! I had a mini heart attack when I came back from vacation and saw that yesterday! Thank you so much!

-Lauren