Chapter Five

Chapter Five:

Could the night get any worse?

I sighed in frustration as I ran after a crawling Hayden, since it was his fastest way of transportation. "Hayden! It's time for a bath!" Finally reaching him, I bent down and scooping up the screaming child.

At the moment, Dallas was at the office finishing some work which left Hayden and I in this great big house alone. And Hayden was not happy Dallas left him. "Come on, Hayden, the bath is waiting." I told him carrying him down the hall back into the bathroom where I plopped him into the Luke warm water. Oh yeah, did I mention that he was crawling down the hall butt naked, well he was.

After what seemed like forever, I had finally finished cleaning Hayden while at the same time he soaked me by splashing. "Yeah, Hayden you are definitely going to bed early tonight." I reason pulling the pyjamas over his damp body.

"Mohawk!" Hayden screams again.

"Okay, Mohawk it is." I agree and do us brown hair into the best Mohawk I can at this hour of night "Now it's bedtime. Can you just sit on the bed for Mommy?" I ask as sweet as I can after placing the fussy child on the bed. Once I had found the play-crib I put it together before laying him down inside and laying a blanket to his waist. "I love you, Hayden." I say as I bend down kissing his forehead just watching him close his eyes in pure love and joy.

After I was sure Hayden was asleep, I changed into a pair of shorts and an old t-shirt for bed. I walked downstairs with the baby monitor in my hand and sat on the couch turning the TV on. Channel surfing, I curled up on the couch with a blanket as I drowsily watched a re-run of Seinfeld. Sometime during the episode, I fell asleep after the long day.

~*~*~*~*~

Dallas' Point Of View:

Finally I'm home.

It was strange having two more people living in my home, but at the same time I loved it. The house wast as eerily quiet anymore when I walked down the halls, now it was filled with soft pitter-patter of small feet or high pitch screams. However, when I walked through the door this evening, the only sound I heard was the television in the living room.

I set my keys down in the bowl by the front door and slipped my shoes and jacket off carelessly. Once in the living room, I found a sleeping Paisley laying on the couch clutching a baby monitor which you could hear soft snores coming from. Hayden. A light chuckle escaped my mouth and I took a seat on the recliner watched the show she had out on. Damn, I already saw this episode, but I continued watching it. At around 11:00 at night I realised I was ready for bed and I stood up turning the TV off. Looking vet at Paisley, I walk over and bend down next to her lightly shaking her shoulders. "Paisley, wake up...Paisley..." I say my voice increasing in volume after a couple seconds until she awakens and starts sitting up half-asleep.

"W-what is it?" She mutters licking her lips.

"Come on, let's go to bed, it's late," I inform her as I grab her upper arms and pull her up until she is sitting all the way up.

"Carry me, I'm tired." Paisley says lifting her arms up for me. I chuckle to myself knowing how embarrassed she will be in the morning when I tell her. I bend down picking her up, one arm holding her up and the other rubbing soothingly up her back as she wraps her arms around my neck, legs around my waist, and head resting on my shoulder. "Thank you." She mutters against my neck.

"Yeah, you owe me for this." I tell her and try to ignore the warmth spreading through me as I hold her tightly against me.

"Be quiet, Miles." She says sleepily and I pause in step. Who the hell is Miles? I shake my head figuring I'll ask her in the morning and continue up the stairs to her and Hayden's room. I'm not sure how, but Hayden took a special place in my heart that day I had to watch him.

Finally in their room, I laid Paisley in the bed as gentle as possible before pulling the covers over her body. "Goodnight, Paisley." I whisper to her before doing the unexpected and kissing her forehead. God, she was so beautiful. I pull the monitor from her grasp setting it on the night stand. Looking over I find Hayden standing up holding into the side of the temporary crib. "Shhh." I whisper to him holding my finger to my lips. He giggles before holding his arms up for me to pick him up. Did he get this motion from his mother? Picking him up from the crib, I hold him against me for a few seconds before trying to set him in the crib just for him to grab on to my shirt. "No!" He yells and I whisper 'shhh' again to him. I glance back at Paisley to find she is still sleeping, she must be really tired.

"Do you want to sleep with me tonight, buddy?" I ask him out of the blue and carry him out of Paisley's room to mine.

"Yes, Dallas!" He giggles and giggles as I place him on the bed before changing into a pair of pyjama pants and no shirt. I climb into bed and crawl under the covers. Making a pillow wall so Hayden can't fall off, I pull him into my bare chest where he lays his head and props Homs butt up on my stomach.

"Night, Buddy." I whisper and rub my large hand up and down his back.

"Night, Da-da." Hayden tells me and I free when I realise what he just called me, but I don't have the heart to fix it. I mean, maybe he couldn't get Dallas out all the way so he just settled on the first two letters? Yeah, that's it, he doesn't this of me as his Daddy.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

At around 7:00 in the morning on a Sunday, I wake to the sound of running footsteps down the hall. Looking down I find a still asleep Hayden who was still snoring and drooling on my chest. I sigh as I wrap my arms around him before walking out into the hallway my pyjama pants hanging low my hips. "What are you doing at 7:00 in the morning, Paisley? I'm tired." I complain as I watch her frantically look around before her eyes red on my chest more importantly a sleeping Hayden. She rushes up to me and lightly runs her fingers down Hayden's cheek brushing my chest hair in the process making me a bit hot and bothered.

"There he is, goodness gracious you don't know how scare I was when I woke up and he wasn't in the crib!" Paisley exclaims and looks up at me with a glare. "You could've told me you took him from the crib, I thought my heart was about to leap out of my chest."

"Paisley, relax, he is fine. When I carried you to bed last night after you begged and begged me to. He was awake and wanted me to pick him up, so I did and he kept screaming so took him to my bed. Relax." After telling her the story exaggerating on the part where she begged, her cheeks became a bright red.

"I don't beg!" She says frustratedly and I laugh.

"You were begging last night like 'Dallas, please carry me in your strong arms, Dallas, please.'" I said raising my voice the best I could to imitate her voice.

"I don't talk like that and I would never say something like that." She reasoned a look of embarrassment and frustration clear on her face. I et out a laugh and explained,"Okay, no, but you did ask me to carry you to bed."

She looked down at her feet embarrassed before turning and making her way to the kitchen most likely. "Make me Pancakes!" I yell after her not getting a reply back even though I know she heard me. Following after her with Hayden, I take a seat on the couch a sleeping Hayden still resting against my chest. Today we were suppose to go to the park, fun.

~*~*~*~*~
Is it good? Okay? Bad? Grotesque? Please comment and vote. I don't mind constructive criticism, either!
-Lauren