Never again

George's POV

I saw him, standing, just standing there smiling his wand out for battle.

"Don't worry George" he calls out " I'll see you after it's all over"

He runs off to the fight. I know deep down ill never see him again.

Go to him I tell myself don't let him leave, I try to follow him but I can't. I struggle to move and nothing happens. I know I must reach him, so I can stop him.

everything turns white and all I see is him, standing and smiling. I try to move towards him, but find myself just as stuck as ever.

A cloaked figure comes beside him and beckons he over. He began to walk over, his smile still intact.

"No" I yell "don't leave me come back"

He waves goodbye and allows the figure to place his hand on his shoulder. they disappear in a flash of green light, I hear him say " I love you Georgie"

I love you to Freddie.

•••••••••••••••••••••••

I awake in a cold sweat a single tear had traced down my cheek.

I couldn't stop him from being taken from me. I feel the prickle of hot tears surfacing. I try to blink them away.

I have to stay strong.

I look at my watch: 8:39 am

I may as well get up to face the day. after getting showered and dressed I head down stairs. I had been staying with my family for over two weeks now.

It seemed like such a short time.

As I reach the kitchen I see mum cooking and dad reading the daily prophet. mum glanced at me and said, "oh good your up could you help me make the breakfast Fred"

Dads head jerked up and mums eyes widened. She began to cry. she came over to me and caught me in her embrace. I don't hug her back, I just stand there with my face blank.

"I'm so sorry George I-I wasn't th-thinking, Fred h-he always came down in front of you and and I-I thought...."

Ginny had just entered the room.

"Mum it's fine, just a slip of the tongue, it happens." I say, coming out of her embrace. " I'm just, I'm going to go out for some air."

I walk out if the kitchen and into the garden. I don't stop there, I keep going until I reach the hill over looking the house. I sit down against one of the trees and sigh. Of all the places to go I come here. to the place of my happiest memory.

It was many years ago, we were eleven year old terrors about to leave for Hogwarts.

I close my eyes as the memory washes over me

••••••••••••••••••••

"George wake up" Fred whispers to me. I felt him shaking my body.

I smiled a little, pretending to be asleep.

"George I saw you smile I know your awake." I sighed knowing he had caught me.

"What do you want it's the middle of the night." I whine

" I need to talk to you!" He sounded so serious and a little sad.

I sit up " what do you want to talk about"

" Not here, I don't want mom to hear us. she'll be upset."

I sigh and stand up, Fred is already out the door and half way down the hall. I followed him outside and up the hill that stood tall by the burrow.

" What do you want?" I asked the minute he sat down.

" I'm scared , what if we end up in different houses. what if we get seperated?!"

"But we're twins why wouldn't we be in the same house?" I asked

" I over heard bill and mum talking, and he said that there were twins in his year that are in different houses!"

He said very quickly. now I was scared.

I looked him dead in the eyes and said,

"Promise me that no matter what happens, no matter how many friends we make or what house we get into, we will always live our lives to the fullest, even if we aren't together. forever and always."

he held out his hand and I shook it.

"Forever and always."

••••••••••••••••••••••••••

I smile, the memory feels bitter sweet inside.

"Your a real git you know that!" said a voice coming up the hill.

I open my eyes to see Ginny coming towards me.

"Oh ya and why is that?" I say standing up.

"Your acting nothing matters but the fact that he died." she said shaking.

"No better than you, you act as if he's just gone to get the post, like he'll be back any minute." I yell looking away from her.

"I'm trying to move on. it seems I'm the only one who can." she takes a deep breath."Look at me George, I know your trying to be strong but you act as if Fred never lived.

you act as if you have no emotions at all. All you remember is the fact that Fred died"

her voice shook and I know she's crying

"you don't remember his laughter or his smile. when you picture him you see his lifeless eyes, not the ones filled with happiness.

when are you going to wake up and realize that Fred died. There is nothing we can do but accept that and move on."

She walks away. Her words hit me like a bag if stone.

I look up at the sky, I watch the clouds roll by.

I sigh and get up,

"Fred if your watching me I want you to know I'm sorry. Ginny was right, I'm being stupid."

I begin to walk home, determined to move on, so that my best friend didn't die in vain.

forever and always Fred, I promise.