Dennis creevy

AN why am I writing this? Because no one else will

Maybe I should have listened to him, maybe I made the right choice, maybe no matter what I did nothing would change the fact that my brother had been taken from me without so much as a warning.

That day is the most clear of my memories, who could possibly forget the day you-know-who came to visit Hogwarts?

My parents had taken us out of school and we all went into hiding in an attempt to escape the death eaters. It didn't go unnoticed because some of them began attacking other family members in an attempt to learn our whereabouts. None of them confessed many didn't even know we were in hiding and because of this we lost nearly half of our family.

About two months before the battle mum had gone into a nearby village that went by the name Ottery St Catchpole, she never came back but we waited in the hope she had to hide somewhere. It wasn't until the next day we read about a fight between masked men and a woman none of whom lived in the village. We were forced to assume the worst and leave, dad forbade us from going out alone it was evident they had pictures of us taken lord knows when. Colin was beyond furious, maybe that's what spurred him to fight. He wanted to go back and look for her but dad didn't want to lose either of us too, so we ran.

One night Colin and I were talking and I felt a familiar sensation I hadn't expected to ever come back, our fake galleons were burning. Someone, we assumed Harry, was trying to round us up.
"We have to go," Colin insisted,"we have to fight."

"We aren't even sure if it's a trap or not, Colin please don't do this to dad." I begged.

He refused to listen and grabbed his wand something he hadn't used in ages, "Colin no you still have the trace on you." I said.

He just looked at me, and a sort of understanding came between us, if we don't go who would? Surely not every member of the DA would come back, we might even be the only ones.

With a thrill of fear I picked up my wand and grabbed his arm, with that he apparated using only the knowledge he had by watching older students apparition lessons through a crack in the great hall door.

We appeared in a grubby yet familiar  pub, and older man with blue eyes looked at us not very startled by our sudden appearance, that's when I felt the pain.

He had messed up it was apparent that his knowledge wasn't enough. I fell and knocked a table over, my foot unable to bear my weight.

Both the man and Colin ran towards me.

"Dennis, Dennis oh my god Dennis what's wrong?!" Colin yelled.

"M-my foot somethings wrong." I panted.

"Yep you'll have splinched and no wonder too you're both so young, what do you think you're gonna do if the death eaters find you. You both have the trace its likely you'll be tracked in minutes." The old man said.

"Well then you only have seconds to fix my brother and get us into Hogwarts." Colin remarked.

The man snorted and went over to his counter, he reached behind it and pulled out a bottle muttering "Had a feeling I'd need this," to himself.

He came back and took my shoe off along with my sock, I watched and was horrified to see most of my toes save my biggest and smallest one were gone.
He dripped a bit of the potion on my foot and I watched my toes slowly start to reform.

"Give it a minute and I'll send you boys on your way to the castle." The old man grunted.

When my toes were almost done two boys, the weasly twins, apparated not far from us.