Chapter 34 - The unbearable waiting

Asher's POV

There was no news from Romeo. I was getting impatient.

Damn!

Why didn't they call? On the other hand, seeing that Eleanor was suffering made me worse. She hadn't eaten anything nor slept. I was afraid for her and our unborn baby too. I felt trapped. I couldn't do anything, and it made me mad.

I breathed deeply and walked towards the window. The sun was shining through the window, lighting the study room. I was staring into space, lost in my thoughts.

"Ash, breakfast is ready." My father informed, interrupting my thoughts.

"I don't want to eat." I said, placing my hands into my pockets, staring through the window.

"You have to eat something. You haven't eaten anything since yesterday." My father stated softly, placing his hand on my shoulder.

"I don't want anything." I said.

"At least rest a little." My father suggested, giving me a begging look.

"I can not. When I close my eyes, I see nightmares." I confessed.

He gave me a compassionate look, squeezing my shoulder.

"Mr. Wright." The detective walked in, holding a file in his hand. "I think we found who had kidnapped your son." He informed.

"Who?" I asked and approached him.

"We found it while checking CCTV cameras near the park." He handed me a photo.

I grabbed it and looked at it. He looked familiar.

"Is he not our accountant?" My father asked, puzzled, looking at the photo in my hand.

"Yeah." I murmured and crumpled it, clenching my fist.

"It is Aaron Reynolds. He had worked for us for two years. But two months ago, we found out that he wanted to steal money from our company. So Asher fired him." My father informed.

"Oh... Then there is the possibility of revenge. But at least we know who has kidnapped the baby." He said and ordered the police officer beside him to search Aaron.

As they left, my father and I went to the living room. I stopped as I saw Eleanor. Her mother and my mother forced her to eat something.

"At least eat a little, Ellie

"At least eat a little, Ellie. Please. You are pregnant. You have to be strong for Romeo and this little one." My mother told Eleanor softly.

"No. I don't want to eat anything." She protested and hugged the giraffe tightly.

I stared at Eleanor, clenching my fist. I couldn't bear to see her in this state.

My father placed his hand on my shoulder, giving me a compassionate look. I sighed, desperate. I went towards them.