💖💚💖 Christmas Love 💖💚💖

It was now Christmas Morning in Gotham City. And snow blanketed the city. Kevin woke up, in a jovial mood. He took a shower and got cleaned up. Once he was cleaned, he got dressed into some nice clothes. He saw he had an hour left before church, so he used that opportunity to call Andrea. After all, a promise was a promise. Andrea picked up the phone and said, "Hello?" 

"Merry Christmas Mom!" Kevin said enthusiastically. "Merry Christmas to you too Kevin!" Andrea happily said on the phone, "How are things going for you?" 

"Things are going well," said Kevin, "It's a White Christmas in Gotham. I'm going to go to morning church, and then have breakfast. In the afternoon, I'm going to go over to Barbara's place for her Christmas Party. Her Dad's going to be there." Andrea smiled and said, "That's nice. You going to bring anything?" Kevin nodded and said, "Yep. Made cookies. The ones Mrs. Foray taught me how to make." Andrea smiled and said, "That's sweet. I'm sure Barbara and her father will enjoy them. Out of curiosity, did your father give you any Christmas gifts?" Kevin held the locket and said, "Actually, yeah... He gave me a locket with a picture of you and him when you were young." Andrea remembered when she gave Bruce that locket before she disappeared after killing Joker. Looking back on that memory 25 years ago, it was a bittersweet memory for Andrea. "You gonna keep that thing?" asked Andrea as she sadly smiled. "Always..." promised Kevin. "Tell your father I wish him a Merry Christmas when you see him..." Andrea said on the phone. "I will Mom. I love you..." said Kevin. "I love you too Kevin, so much..." replied Andrea, "Merry Christmas..." She smiled and hung up. Andrea then held the picture of herself when Kevin was a newborn baby, and he was sleeping in her arms. Her baby was all grown up, and Andrea was happy.

Kevin went to morning church afterwards. The church was decorated with tons of Christmas trees and wreaths, and everyone sang songs like Silent Night, O Holy Night, Oh Come All Ye Faithful, Away In A Manger, Gloria Inexcelsis Deo, Mary Did You Know, The First Noel, and Joy To The World. Once church was done, Kevin went back to Wayne Manor and ate some red velvet pancakes, another recipe he could master at cooking. Once Kevin was finished eating his breakfast and washed the dishes, he decided to change into more casual clothes. For this occasion, he decided to wear an ugly Christmas sweater that had Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer. On TV, Kevin decided to watch Die Hard, because why not? It was kind of a Christmas movie.

Once Die Hard was finished, Kevin saw it was 1:30 p.m. He decided it was time to go to Barbara's apartment. He put his coat on, and brought his Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies in a box. He made two dozen of them, a reasonable amount. He put the cookies in the passenger's seat, got in his car and drove out of Wayne Manor. Barbara had given him her address, so it was easy for Kevin to find her apartment. It was then 1:55 p.m., and Kevin was outside of Barbara's apartment. He saw that a police car was there, indicating that the Commissioner, Barbara's father, was there. Kevin got out of the car and closed it, taking the cookies with him. He walked on over to the apartment that was Barbara's number. He then knocked on the door, waiting for Barbara. It was now 1:59, a few seconds away from becoming 2 o'clock. A few seconds later, Kevin could hear Barbara inside, saying, "That must be him!" 

A few seconds later, the door opened, and there was Barbara. She was wearing an ugly Christmas sweater with Frosty the Snowman, blue jeans, and fuzzy striped socks. She smiled and said, "Hey Kevin! Glad you could make it!" Kevin smiled and said, "Merry Christmas Barbara! May I come in?" Babs nodded and said, "Sure, come on in!" She went back inside, and Kevin followed suit, shutting the door behind him. Once he was inside, he got a good look at the apartment. It was a decent looking apartment. Aside from Barbara, another person that was inside was a man around 6 ft. He had dark red hair with white sideburns, and he wore glasses and had a dark red mustache. He looked to be older than Bruce. He was wearing an ugly Christmas sweater that had Santa Claus on it, khakis, green socks, and slippers. This was Barbara's father, Commissioner James Gordon. "Ah, so you must be the young man Barbara's been telling me so much about," said Jim as he offered his hand in a handshake. "Commissioner Gordon, it's an honor to meet you," said Kevin as he shook the commissioner's hand. "You've got a firm handshake, I like that," said Jim, "please, call me Jim, and I'll call you Kevin."

Kevin opened the box of cookies and put them on a plate for Jim and Barbara to eat if they wanted to. The cookies had frosting decorations that had as followed, Santa Claus, Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, and Frosty the Snowman. "Those are well frosted cookies Kevin," complimented Barbara. "Thanks, made them myself," said Kevin. "What kind of cookies did you make?" asked Jim. "They're Oreo stuffed chocolate chip cookies," Kevin said proudly. "Kevin likes to cook," said Barbara as she looked at the cookies with admiration. "Mind if I be the first to try them?" asked Jim. "By all means go ahead," said Kevin. Jim took one of the cookies, one of them had Santa Claus frosted on it, and he took a bite of it. His eyes widened in surprise. "How is it Dad?" asked Barbara. Once Jim swallowed he said, "This might be the best thing I've ever put in my mouth." Barbara took a cookie with Frosty the Snowman on it and took a bite also. When she tasted the delicious cookie, she knew Kevin was a great cook.

For the next few hours, Kevin partied with Jim and Barbara, eating delicious foods, singing along to Christmas carols, watching Christmas movies, and sometimes exchanging gifts. Kevin felt a warm pleasure in his heart when he was with Barbara. He knew then he wanted to admit his love for her. It was now nighttime. Jim, Barbara, and Kevin had finished watching It's A Wonderful Life on TV. Jim rose from his couch and said, "I need to hit the hey. Be right back." And he left Kevin and Barbara alone. Kevin decided now was the time to tell Barbara how he felt. "Hey Barbara," said Kevin, "there's something I want to tell you..." He sipped some of Commissioner Gordon's signature hard eggnog. Barbara was sitting on the couch and smiled at him. She wasn't drinking eggnog but she was drinking hot chocolate. "What's up Kev?" she asked curiously. Barbara had just come to the conclusion that she was probably in love with Kevin but she didn't want to force anything upon him. "I've been thinking lately..." Kevin said hesitantly, "ever since we've met... I've always thought you were the most beautiful woman I've ever met and because we have so much in common... I developed feelings for you... I have a crush on you Barbara... I can't fight these feelings I have for you anymore... Every time I'm with you, I feel so much happier. You make me feel like a normal person, and someone I can relate to thanks to Dad. I know it's weird, but sometimes I feel sad when you're not around. The thing is, it's because I love you." The heaviness he felt inside felt so much better now that he expressed these feelings towards her.

The more he spoke, the more Barbara blushed. She hadn't heard something so nice in a while. "That's a lot..." she chuckled, "truth is though, I might be in love with you too... I'm not completely sure yet but um... I think I do." Babs admitted. Kevin smiled. He couldn't believe this. He couldn't believe this was actually happening. His crush actually liked him too! Maybe as more than a friend. He gently held her hand and said, "Barbara, I want to be with you... Will you be my girlfriend?"

"Um... How about we... Maybe go on some dates first then make it official..." Barbara offered. She wasn't going to rush into things. She gave him a small smile. "That sounds like a plan," said Kevin as he smiled, "I'll let you choose how it goes." He winked at her. She chuckled and brushed a strand of hair behind her ear and noticed something above them she hadn't before. She looked up and laughed, "Look." Kevin looked up and noticed mistletoe. "Mistletoe..." he observed, "I hear it can be quite deadly to eat."

"So can a kiss, if you mean it..." Barbara said seductively. Kevin smiled and asked, "May I?" She chuckled and nodded. Barbara simply leaned in, her cheeks burning. Kevin then leaned in, slowly closing his eyes, and then he kissed her on the lips. It felt so magical... Barbara closed her eyes and kissed him back softly. There was a warmth emerging in her chest, and Barbara wasn't a stranger to it. She loved him. She really did. He gently held her in his arms, giving into these romantic instincts. Kevin loved Barbara, and he swore he would protect and keep her safe always. And he would never break her heart. For him, this was the best Christmas ever. Barbara was a loyal woman and would always be. So this might mean a future to look forward to with someone. She liked that idea and was willing to admit, one of her favorite Christmases of her life. Once Kevin stopped to breathe, he smiled and looked at the woman he loved. "Merry Christmas Barbara," he said. "Merry Christmas Kevin," replied Barbara, smiling at him. She felt so happy and comfortable at the moment and just loved the feeling. Jim smiled, thinking it was about time. And that's how Barbara Gordon and Kevin Beaumont got together. Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night!

The End
Special thanks once again to THEYWERE12NOT16 for helping with the dialogue.