Tattoos

『in which a girl gives a guy a tattoo』

I straddled his lap while he wrapped his arms around my waist and laced his fingers through the loops of my jeans.

"Hey, Trin you should let me give you a tattoo" I looked up to see Jacob in deep concentration as the tip of the inked needle glided over the skin of Alaina's cream colored shoulder blade. I could see the start of a black feather.

"Only if Alex lets me give him one" I turned back to look at him, one of his hands reached from around my waist to tuck a strand of hair behind my ear.

"Yeah?" Alex smiles "I guess you could, I already know where I want it"

"So it's settled" Jacob looks triumphant as he added a few more strokes to the feather on Alaina's shoulder.

I got up and tugged Alex to the other tattoo station. We were currently in Jacob's empty tattoo parlor at 2AM.

"I want one right here" Alex unbuttoned his shirt and pointed to the area where his heart is.

"Okay" I put my hair up into a messy bun and took the needle into my hand "What do you want?"

"Your face" he gave me a goofy smile.

"Seriously!" I scolded him as I prepared the equipment.

"Surprise me" he looked pensively at me before closing his eyes and crossing his hands behind his head.

"Keep in mind that this is the first time I've ever given anyone a tattoo, other than this one" I pulled up my tee shirt to show him the free hand flower on my waist.

"I know, baby" his laugh warmed my heart "I trust you"

"Okay" I huffed and began to draw the design I intended over his heart.

"Tell me if I'm hurting you" I furrowed my brows in concentration, trying my best to keep my strokes even.

"Relax, I'm just fine" his voice soothed my nerves and I found my self smiling at the design I was creating on his bare chest. Alex has a bunch of tattoos on his left arm.

After a few more strokes I turned off the equipment and put the needle down, looking up at him in glee.

"It's done" I smiled as he got up to inspect it in the mirror.

"I love it" he placed his hand on my cheek tenderly and kissed me.

"Looks like we are both done, so I guess it's your turn" I broke away from the kiss to see Jacob smirking in the doorway.

"I know what I want" I held my wrist out for Jacob and he started the design I wanted, and before I knew it, he was done.

-

I curled up into Alex's side and placed my newly tattooed wrist next to the tattoo on his chest.

"You have my heart, and the thought of you makes my heart race" he kissed the top of my head and looked tenderly at our tattoos.

"Your love flows through my veins" I laughed at our cheesiness.

I took one last look at the small heart on my wrist and then the tattoo of a pulse over his heart and let myself fall asleep happily.