Hanahaki: The Silent Killer

This is part one of a series I recently wrote.

It all started with what was thought of as a seasonal allergy.

Bakugou's throat had persistently itched throughout the day that it made him more irritated than usual. His eyes frequently watered and teared up, blurring his vision. Powerful sneezes came almost every minute while catching the attention of his classmates. He couldn't focus on the current lesson Aizawa was sleepily teaching.

"It is absolutely necessary..." "ACHOO!" "That you stay aware..." "ACHOO!" "Of your surroundings during..." "ACHOO!" "A hostile situation..."

"ACHOO! FUCK THIS–!"

"Bakugou," Aizawa called out. "I am sending you to Recovery Girl. Have her examine you before your eyes come out of your skull."

The hothead grew angrier. "I do not need to go see that old lady–!"

You stood up from your seat, eyeing him with curiosity. "Yes, Mr. Aizawa."

Bakugou reluctantly followed your leading figure out the door. A frown was etched deep into his face. He began to sneeze again with a harder force, making his eyes red and water. You spared him a second glance while taking a look at his face.

"Catching a cold, Katsuki?" You teased.

"Shut the fuck up, Y/N." He growled. "I never get sick, just ask that damn Deku."

You put your hands up in defense laughing at his words. Both of you continued on your walk to the infirmary. Bakugou's sneezes kept coming along with a small cough. It was amusing to you to see him complain about his snot trails.

"Excuse us!" You both called out.

"Bakugou and L/N," Recovery Girl greeted. "A pleasant surprise, which one of you has been creating all that racket down the hallway?"

You decided to speak up for Bakugou who was hesitant to admit anything that made him appear weak. "It's Bakugou, I can assure you. He has been sneezing all throughout class so Mr. Aizawa had me accompany him here."

She nodded. "Bakugou, come take a seat and remove your uniform jacket. I'll do a brief physical examination."

He rolled his eyes in annoyance but did as he was told. A stethoscope was brought towards his chest while she listened to his heartbeat. His pulse was checked, eyes were dilating properly and breathing was normal. She even took a look inside his mouth to check for signs of irritation.

However, the uncertain expression on her face concerned you.

Recovery Girl sighed, "You are perfectly healthy. The sneezing was most likely caused by the pollen in the air brought by the spring season. Eraserhead was overreacting by sending you to me."

A smirk lit up Bakugou's face as he put his uniform back on. "I told you, Y/N. I have the best immune system out there."

The thoughts in the back of your mind wouldn't cease so you spoke up once more. "Is he okay to train with us? He is not sick, right?"

"He just needs rest and to buy an antihistamine. Do not overexert yourself or it'll make you exhausted, understand?"

You nodded while Recovery Girl politely dismissed you both back to class. Once you were both out of sight she briskly headed back into her office and wrote down some notes. She did not want to alarm either of you with what could have been a trick of the eyes.

"It couldn't be... I hope my judgement is right."

While she had examined Bakugou's mouth and throat she could have sworn she had seen it. It was a brief glance but the thought of it bothered her to an extent.

A flower petal.

Meanwhile, Class 1-A carried on with the rest of their day of class until they were sent home. The Bakusquad decided to all walk home together with you in tow to discuss the details of his infirmary visit. You were both pestered with questions about what was said and diagnosed.

Mina asked first, "Y/N, what exactly did Recovery Girl say?"

"Well," You started off, "It's just a sensitivity to the air. He'll be fine, we just have to put up with his exploding nostrils."

"Aw, poor little Bakugou's got a little sniffle? Boo hoo!" Kaminari and Sero teased.

Kirishima held Bakugou back from pouncing onto both of them. Mina and you continued to laugh alongside them. Curses were shouted and interrupted by a sneeze in between.

"Let me-" "ACHOO!" "Go, shitty hair!" "ACHOO!" "Shut the fuck up!" "ACHOO!"

"Oh! I almost forgot, I have to stop by the florist." You mentioned.

"How come? Are you confessing to someone?" Kirishima asked.

"No," you laughed. "I am picking up an order my dad placed. It's my parent's anniversary today."

The whole group gushed in adoration while Bakugou gagged. You shot him an irritated expression and he avoided your eyes.

"That is so sweet! I can't wait until I can give the love of my life flowers."

"Who needs shitty flowers when you can just tell them you love them and get it over with?"

You let out a dry laugh. "Just for that comment, you're coming with me to pick up the order."

"Who the fuck said I would go? You heard what Recovery Girl told me earlier about the pollen. I am sick of having snot come out of my nose!"

"Quit being a fucking baby, Katsuki. We're going and that's that. You want me to tell Mitsuki?"

The group let out an "ooh" at the threat of involving Bakugou's mother, who'd never let him hear the end of it. Y/N's parents are his parents best friends, going all the way back to their junior high days. His mother absolutely loved Y/N and even joked that she was too good for him.

One little complaint and it would be lights out.

"Fine, I'll go. Just don't tell the old woman, she'll kick my ass." He grumbled while snatching your wrist and pulling you forward. You waved goodbye to the rest of your friends while they just sighed at Bakugou's behavior compared to yours.

"He's so whipped and does not even realize it. What an idiot..." Sero said disappointedly.

"Right? I mean they're both oblivious to each other's feelings." Mina added. "Y/N's mindset is that her and Bakugou are just friends."

Kirishima facepalmed, "Bakugou's hesitant when it comes to putting his emotions into words. He'd rather show it through his actions."

"What if he confesses right now?" Kaminari interjected. "We cannot miss that!"

They all exchanged mischievous looks with each other and sprinted down in the direction of the florist.

BNHA COLLECTION #1рдЬрд╣рд╛рдБ рдХрд╣рд╛рдирд┐рдпрд╛рдБ рд░рд╣рддреА рд╣реИрдВред рдЕрднреА рдЦреЛрдЬреЗрдВ