Chapter 9

My morning was the same as yesterdays. I woke up, though I cried myself to sleep last night, and did my morning routine. Once I was downstairs, Ari made the same breakfast from yesterday except with chocolate chip pancakes.

Let's just say it was delicious.

But this time Ari sat across from me with curious eyes. I knew she was wondering what had happened last night and why my eyes were painfully swollen. After a while though, I got tired of her watching me.

"You can ask you know," I stated noticing the way her cheeks turned red.

"I'm sorry I don't mean to pry," she began, "it's none of my business."

Shaking my head, I snatched some bacon shoving it into my mouth. I gave her a look to spill, which she did.

"How did it go?" She was hesitant as if she already knew how it went but was asking so I could prove her wrong.

"He was not hungry."

She nodded taking in my answer before giving me a sympathetic glance. I did not like it one bit. I spoke up wanting to change the subject.

"Remember, the Run?" I asked her making her nod. "You were about to say something to me but we were interrupted."

She needed along with my words before realization dawned on her. "Oh, I was going to say that the Alpha is a hard tough very closed up person. I kind of knew of how he'd treat his mate."

I shrugged sadly. I had so much questions I wanted to ask, but I had no idea how to. I guess she saw how uneasy I was which is why she changed the subject.

"Where is the left over food?" I pointed towards the fridge in the kitchen. Ari immediately dashed for it and quickly opened the fridge and reaching inside. From where I was sitting I could see the whole thing. She came back, confused.

"I thought you were going to save me some?" Looking up confused, she showed me the empty pan. I stopped eating immediately.

I didn't eat it.

"I-" I was at a loss of words so I just shrugged helplessly.

"Is that your way of telling me you ate it all?" Ari questioned raising an eyebrow up.

I shook my head staring at the pan in wonder.

"I'll make this again next time," I stated nibbling on my fruit. Ari sighed.

"Alright," she says snatching a strawberry off my plate. "I have to go now, but I'll see you later."

I nodded and waited for her footsteps to disappear. Once the door was closed behind her, I jumped from my seat to inspect the pan.

It was totally empty. Not a piece or scrap left.

Was it possible that he ate it? I stood in the middle of the dining room in wonder. Breaking away from my thoughts, I threw away my breakfast, not feeling hungry anymore.

Cleaning the table, I made my way to the pack house. I was planning on seeing the others today and try to forget about everything with my mate. I was just tired of it.

Not many people were near the Alphas home, which really sucked. I really needed some company.

I continued walking with a skip towards the direction of the pack house. Don't ask me why I was suddenly in a good mood. But I think it had to do with finally getting to see  my parents, Mason, Beth and Savannah.

A few moments into the walk, I then realised I had taken the wrong path and I was heading into another direction. I continued on walking though curious of where I'd end up.