Chapter 23

Thaddeus left me at his house to speak with some people about the rogue. Apparently, it must've been huge because when he dropped me off, he left A.S.A.P.

Rose was giving me a headache at the moment. She kept asking me through the mind link if I was OK. She even went as far as to say she would ask Thaddeus to tell her the truth since she he was nearby.

I giggled because from her earlier reaction to him bursting into her room, I doubt she'd be able to make eye contact with him nonetheless ask him something.

I blocked her out and layed back on the couch. I couldn't believe Thaddeus and I... we kissed. How was that even possible?

A grin crept onto my face as realization finally dawned on me. Thaddeus wants me. He wants me as bad as I want him. Maybe even a bit more if that was even possible.

I glanced outside through the window nearby. I really wanted him back so we could resume our previous actions. Maybe even do a bit more, my wolf said.

I blushed thinking of that. What if that makeout we practically had was going to lead to... mating? My heart hammered away in my chest as my thoughts clouded my brain.

If this was going to happen tonight, I should get ready. And by ready I mean, shower, shave and put on the lingerie Ari had made me buy from Victoria Secret.

I suddenly snapped out of it. I doubt we were going to get it on. Thaddeus- obviously would want to- but I think his family curse would prevent him from mating with me until he was sure he wouldn't hurt me. My heart pummeled to my stomach at the thought of that.

This wasn't fair, I thought sadly. My mate finally expresses why he didn't want to get too close to me and I find out its because he's cursed. Great.

I try to think of all the signs that could have been there but I come up with none. Being cursed? That was totally unexpected.

I was so lost in my thoughts I hadn't realized the time had went by and that Thaddeus was close by. I shifted on the couch only to sense that he was at the front of the door. Not inside, just outside. He was speaking to the guards outside but I couldn't hear what it was they were speaking about.

When he came inside, I laid down and pretended to sleep. Thaddeus entered the room, where I could feel his gaze burning holes into the side of my head. Good thing I was sleeping with my hands over my face or he could see the twitch of my cheek. His penetrating eyes, even though I couldn't see them, had me wanting to fumble around.

When the uncomfortable stillness became too unbearable for me to handle, I pretended to turn around and let out a fake yawn.

I could feel Thaddeus moving around but it took me a mere few seconds to find out where he was. He was sitting directly in front of me now. I found it odd that he was watching me sleep but I didn't move a muscle... I thought.

"Why are you pretending to sleep?" I gave up on the act and sat up staring at my mate who was back to his blank facial expressions.

"How do you know I was pretending?" I asked a bit haughtily. "I could have been actually sleeping but you disrupted me."

His eyes darkened at my tone before he let it slide. He simply leaned back on the chair and watched the way I was acting.

Avoiding his gaze I suddenly whispered softly. "What did you find out from the rogue? Did he have information of Braytons whereabouts?"

Thaddeus took a deep breath before exhaling slowly. "We still don't know where he is, but we will find him."

The confidence in my mates tone had me sitting up straighter. He seemed on the verge of giving up but he managed to pull himself together. The way his eyes darkened when he said he didn't know where Brayton was, was enough to tell me that he wanted nothing more than to torture the guy so he could see what I felt. I -for some reason- really wanted Thaddeus to hurt Brayton, even if he was my past Alpha or not. He had done such cruelty in a short span of time, that I can't believe there was ever a time I called him Alpha. I can't believe there was ever a time where he led a pack. It was completely disgusting now that I think of it.