Chapter 8: Just Keeps Getting Worse

It was Monday again, and people were still staring. I can't believe they're not over this Oliver stuff yet! Haven't they got better juicy stuff to gossip about?

What am I going to do about Mandy? What am I supposed to talk about? Or worse, what if someone actually sees me hanging out with her. Oh gosh, my reputation. I thought to myself.

As I was walking down the hallways, I remembered. Our first class today was English. The universe hated me so much. Dear universe, did it have to be my first class?

After a few minutes of cursing at the universe, I arrived in English. I scanned the room, thankfully, Oliver wasn't here yet. I sat down and pulled out my project and waited for time to pass. Suddenly, a girl whose name is Charlie came by. Charlie was popular, but she was popular 'cause she's always nice. She and I are close friends, though we aren't best friends.

"Is that your paper on Oliver?"

"Yeah, why?"

"Nothing. I was just wondering if the rumors are true."

I could hear a bit of sadness or jealousy in her voice. Don't tell me...

"They're called rumors for a reason, because they aren't true."

"Oh. Okay good," The sound of relief was evident in her voice.

"Do you like Oliver?"

"Hell no, but someone else does!" She says giggling.

"Oh I see, mind spilling the beans?"

"No can do, I have sworn to secrecy."

"Don't worry, I'll find out."

"Oh I'm sure you will." And with that, she left the room.

Everyone filled into the room just as the bell rang, but one particular face didn't show up. Oliver. Where did he go?

"You lookin' for your boyfriend?" A familiar voice came from behind.

"What do you want, Ace." I snapped. Ace was one of those extremely annyoying jocks, the ones that beat up people.

"Jeez, I just asked you a quetion! You missing your loverboy that much?"

"Excuse me but Dylan's my boy--" Oh my gosh. I totally forgot about Dylan! I didn't even talk to him when this whole thing blew up! Oh no. "...friend."

"What were you saying? You sure you guys are still together? You hesitated there."

"Shut up. Do you have a death wish?"

"What can you do to me now?"

"I still have all your secrets, I know evey single one. I have leverage over everyone."

He frowned and didn't speak. I smirked. Damn I loved this feeling of control I have.

The rest of English went without bother, though I didn't see Oliver. I passed my project, though as Mrs. Quinn skimmed through it she had a frown. Probably won't get a good grade.

So apparently, Oliver was absent and the rest of the day went smooth, until lunch.

"Cameron!" I heard Isabelle call.

"Yea? What do you want?"

"Jeez, we wanted to apologize. Oh, and we heard what you did with Ace. Dylan's pissed. So Charlotte and I wanted to give you a heads up."

"Good luck, Cam!" Charlotte called out. I gulped audibly, and I was nervous. Which rarely happens to me.

I headed towards Dylan's table and he glanced my way. I waved but got no reply.